DINOSAUR JR. AKA FUCK GRUNGE!

tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
AND THEY STILL RULE!

Comments

• vinylneckvinylneck 50 Posts
    just went and saw these guys with The Black Keys a couple nights ago...They still rule too. Brought back many old skate video memories.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts
    just went and saw these guys with The Black Keys a couple nights ago...They still rule too. Brought back many old skate video memories.

i caught them about a year ago. found myself in mosh pit - for realz!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    it was $30 to see them here and i was so torn about it and finally decided against it.

was it that much in your neck of the woods?

it was $30 to see them here and i was so torn about it and finally decided against it.

was it that much in your neck of the woods?

i think so... definitely worth it!

• rocco2nrrocco2nr 530 Posts
    i aint gonna lie, i listened to dinosaur jr when i was 13-14 and i'll still ride for that shit today

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Saw them last year & they were one of the loudest live bands I've ever witnessed, file under great but painful.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Last time I saw them, My Bloody Valentine "opened". I contribute a large percentage of my current hearing loss to that very concert.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    I strictly ride for Green Mind...great album.

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    one of the loudest live bands I've ever witnessed

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    I saw J Mascis last summer backed by Broken Social Scene playing old Dinosaur Jr. tracks I used to dig in middle school... He was busting into 3 to 4 minute guitar solos every godamn song to the point where BSS was cueing him to break back into the track... the guy can play but yet every solo was indistinguishable from the last... Couldn't take it after 4 or 5 songs...

I saw J Mascis last summer backed by Broken Social Scene playing old Dinosaur Jr. tracks I used to dig in middle school... He was busting into 3 to 4 minute guitar solos every godamn song to the point where BSS was cueing him to break back into the track... the guy can play but yet every solo was indistinguishable from the last... Couldn't take it after 4 or 5 songs...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

= GUITAR GOD.

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts

= GOD'S GUITAR.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    I saw Dino Jr. on the BUG tour and the same tour Fatback saw w/ MBV.

They were probably one of my favorite bands at the time.

And they totally sucked live. Deal with it.

I saw Dino Jr. on the BUG tour and the same tour Fatback saw w/ MBV.

They were probably one of my favorite bands at the time.

And they totally sucked live. Deal with it.

Not my experience at all. To each is own?

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

yeah, the last time I saw them (probably 1995) he was doing this shit too. In fact, he went into some wailing frenzy on their last song and after about 5-8 minutes of it the rest of the band just walked off. It seemed like a good idea to me too, so I have no idea how long it lasted.

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    The worst live band ever. When playing parties at my college they had to set up in the apt next door b/c shit was so fucking loud. My favorite thing they ever did was that cure cover or freak scene.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    My favorite thing they ever did was that cure cover
    That is a great cover, I used to love that on the Video Days soundtrack... I think, some old skate vid I have/had somewhere anyway.