Gas Huffer

sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
all those big rawk hesher bands from Seattle sucked. Under the surface there were some great northwest punk bands that just never made it. Pearl Jam is the perfect example of the worst in Seattle 90's music scene. Its shit like that that made Kurt Cobain blow his brains out (with Courtney's help, of course).

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts

Under the surface there were some even shittier northwest punk bands (i.e. Gas Huffer) that thankfully never made it.

SEE ALSO: COFFIN BREAK

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I remember seeing Seaweed in concert at a fucking warehouse in West Philly back in the day. They were pretty good.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I saw Gas Huffer open for Mudhoney once and even though the music sucked, i was transfixed at the singer's very bizarre dance...kind of a stomping in place with his cheeks puffed out, arms puniching back and forth eyes rolled up into his head and shaking his head as if saying "hell no"...

sadly NO Seattle band will ever live up to the greatest Seattle band ever:

and, oh yeah, Jimi Hendrix

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    No way, Deadmoon was shitty, Gashuffer was fun. But your right I wouldnt put them on the top of the list. But the Fastbacks and the Fallouts should have made it.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts

Not many bands from OUTSIDE Seattle will ever live up to The Sonics either.

As for Hendrix, well he's just in another fucking building.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts

Not many bands from OUTSIDE Seattle will ever live up to The Sonics either.

As for Hendrix, well he's just in another fucking building.

But it was fun to try

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    I remember seeing Seaweed in concert at a fucking warehouse in West Philly back in the day. They were pretty good.

Yeah for real... when I was 13 we used to go see Seaweed at the grange hall in LaConner, WA. 7 Year Bitch were the other local heros.

Gas Huffer always seemed like posers, but Sunny Day Real Estate were the opening salvo of the continuing barrage of indie whiners.

• loudwizardloudwizard 358 Posts
    I saw Gas Huffer open for Mudhoney once and even though the music sucked, i was transfixed at the singer's very bizarre dance...kind of a stomping in place with his cheeks puffed out, arms puniching back and forth eyes rolled up into his head and shaking his head as if saying "hell no"...

you just mentioned the best Seattle band of that era, though - MUDHONEY.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts

you just mentioned the best Seattle band of that era, though - MUDHONEY.

good band and yes, and along with the Melvins, the best of the era, but not one of the GREATS(the greats being The Sonics, Hendrix, Melvins)