Janes Addiction

nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Yes.

Comments

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    FUCK THE SS HATTEURS.
    I LOOOOOOOOVE JANES ADDICTION AND ALWAYS WILL, SO FUCK YA!!

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    FUCK THE SS HATTEURS.
    I LOOOOOOOOVE JANES ADDICTION AND ALWAYS WILL, SO FUCK YA!!

Three Days is THAT JAM

• nzshadownzshadow 5,518 Posts
    Classic Girl.

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    OCEAN SIZE

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    SUMMERTIME ROLLS

• mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
    ...did not age well (see related thread).

...but "STOP" on Guitat Hero is the bizness!!!!!

• hendravishendravis 689 Posts
    i like wen they cover: ripple
    sympathy for the devil
    rock n' roll
    ~

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts
    ...did not age well (see related thread).

...but "STOP" on Guitat Hero is the bizness!!!!!

newest schitt ---- JUST BECAUSE

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I was a Janes Addiction fan before Nothings Shocking came out(the release of Nothings Shocking was one of those get-to-the record-store-the-minute-it-opens days for me)...recognize batches...that 1st LP was the "gettin high on the way to school" car-jam of my HS years...unfortunately , Mr. Box, my Algebra 2 teacher took that LP up from me when I was showing it to someone(I had the LP with me because I lent it to someone and they reutnrned it to me earlier that day)...asshole never did give it back...

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    i was too young to catch them before they broke up. so i caught that very first reunion where they were calling it a "relapse" and they had flea on bass.

Saw them at the Bill Graham Civic in SF and they had these amazing pole dancing chicks that were on these poles that were at least 40 feet high, like three chicks doing insane shit on each pole...

Oh yeah, the band was good.

• dstill808dstill808 704 Posts
    i caught that very first reunion where they were calling it a "relapse" and they had flea on bass.

One of the only shows I can legitimately say I was too high to remember.

Fucking Rimac.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I was a Janes Addiction fan before Nothings Shocking came out

I saw them play a real small club in Boston a few months
    before it came out, some label-hype show sponsored by a
    radio station where you had to win tickets, and a girl I
    was hanging out with had a hook-up and brought me. In a tiny
    room, and after I had only really heard them a few times, it
    made for a pretty killer show. It seemed alot cooler to me 3
    years later when they were huge than it does now, I guess.
    I kind of lost interest in them after Nothing Shocking, although
    I used to play that first one, the live one, fairly often,
    probably because it was on cassette, WHKTD.

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    Yes.

I witnessed one of their backstage warm-up sessions once before a show. They were very intense even with no audience.
    Who else has the 'been caught stealing' 12" with the remix? People flip over that shit.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Blech.

I've gotta give credit to their drummer's work with Broadcast, though.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Cut to prom night 1989...me tweaking on a couple of hits of x...making my date and the friends sharing a hotel room with us listen to Summertime Rolls and Mountain Song over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

Who else has the 'been caught stealing' 12" with the remix? People flip over that shit.

With the bongoclapacousticguitardogbark intro? Love it.

• bluesnagbluesnag 1,285 Posts

edit: i totally thought i was posting this in the lollapalooza thread. all these threads look the same today.

i went to the first one, it was the first big concert i went to in junior high. then i went to the 4th one with the beastie boys, p-funk, L7, and smashing pumpkins. i was taking a summer class that summer, and this girl in the class had a cousin who was working the lights on that tour, and she got me two free tickets and backstage passes. i met a handful of people back there, but the most memorable was when a lady from L7 came up to me and asked me about my shirt, which had a picture of mark lynn-baker (larry appleton from perfect strangers) and a dog in the american gothic painting on it, which me and some other people made.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    I still dig their 1st three records.
    And I have no problem saying it, they did age well IMO.
    Their newer stuff is shite, and I'd never go see them again.
    I have my memories and I don't want to taint them.

• 3RD_Man3RD_Man 213 Posts
    I still dig their 1st three records.
    And I have no problem saying it, they did age well IMO.
    Their newer stuff is shite, and I'd never go see them again.
    I have my memories and I don't want to taint them.

I couldn't agree with you more...

IMHO, it's all about Ritual Side 2 beginning to end... one of the best sides of this genre... brilliant production, arrangements, and orchestration.... Three Days, Then She Did, Of Course and Classic Girl... do the math...

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I saw them in the fall of '87, opening for Love And Rockets way before "Nothing's Shocking" came out, they were pretty cool and even broke out the kettle drums for the last song like they did on the live tape. Saw them twice more after that, in 88 and in 91, and both times I was a bit disappointed. I wanted them to be loud as hell and really blow the place out but both times they seemed disinterested. Guess I was just lucky.

I think Perry is a pretentious ass and he was always the worst part of the band. I still love the music for the most part, although some of the songs sound really dated ("Idiots Rule" I'm looking in your direction).

• LeftyLefty 259 Posts
    i saw them in 91 i think i was very young and there were thousands of drunken sluts
    at the show,
    i love janes addiction