?uest killing it "dazed and confused"

ishnock_baptisteishnock_baptiste 90 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central

Quest killing it on drums for the re-work of led zep's "dazed and confused" ...I give it a B....Plant and Paige can't be emulated, but this is good shit.

Comments

• RAW_HAMBURGERRAW_HAMBURGER 1,438 Posts
    check who hes playing with.

• tonyphronetonyphrone 1,500 Posts

John Paul Jones on Bass (dope!) I cant make out the singer- Ben Harper?

• BurnsBurns 2,227 Posts

John Paul Jones on Bass (dope!) I cant make out the singer- Ben Harper?

yeah, they all played together at the superjam at Bonnaroo music fest lastweekend, playing all zepplin covers,

This was playing at 1:00am in the blue note tent there too: http://www.amazon.com/Philadelphia-Experiment/dp/customer-reviews/B00005JXQL

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn. JPJ looks good for his age.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I dunno, I wasn't feeling it. ? is a good drummer, but he doesn't play heavy enough to make that song lurch the way it should. And Harper's got a decent voice, but that guitar work wasn't up to par either.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    I think Quest did a pretty good job. He's not attacking the rolls enough though. John Bonham was a beast on his rolls. JPJ killing it what has he been up to lately? Ben harper did.. alright on the vocals. The guitar.. for what it was started out okay.. then it just kinda blehhed the rest of the way. To bad there's no mainstream guitarists proficient enough to play this song right. I'd Murder this song. Questlove needs to hit me the fuck up!

- spidey

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The first few seconds contained everything I hated about the origianl. I turned it off.

Hate me all you want.

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    The first few seconds contained everything I hated about the origianl. I turned it off.

Hate me all you want.

- spidey

• I dunno, I wasn't feeling it. ? is a good drummer, but he doesn't play heavy enough to make that song lurch the way it should.

Yup. What spidey said about the rolls too. Cats shouldn't try to play that song. Are there any good covers?