Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Thanks for this....great stuff!!

You KNOW someone's wild when they give themself a bloody nose performing!!!

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    Roy is that dude...at a rival shop they have the first Traits LP...they have $75 on it, I always wanna grab it but the price is always outta my league because I have a grip of other stuff I want...

I had a table at the Ponderosa Stomp record show and I'll always remember roy storming in a nd for some reason, made a bee-line for me and yelled "Where the hell is Ira!!!?!?!"(the organizer of the stomp) I said "Uhh I dont know, havent seen him in a couple hours" and Roy just yelled "Well, shit" and stormed out just as he stormed in...

Oh shit, Ira just walked into the shop as I type this!!! weird cosmic shit dude....

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    That article is SO not-lying about Roy's microphone dexterity. When I saw him at the big rockabilly/R&B festival in Green Bay, WI, he faked out the audience a couple of times by pretending to throw it at some random dude down front, then yanking it back just in time. You'd best believe that for a second there, about five or six people moved out of that particular spot...

Also, I saw him hanging out before his show, and I asked him about some single he did on Mercury in '68, "Then The Grass Was Green." He remembered it, mentioning that it was written by some songwriter who died fairly recently. "Mickey Newbury?," I said. He laughed, "Yeah! Man, how you know that? You ain't white!"

I said, "Well, you ain't either..."

Roy Head is cool as hell...

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Roy is that dude...at a rival shop they have the first Traits LP...they have $75 on it, I always wanna grab it but the price is always outta my league because I have a grip of other stuff I want...

$75 is a good price for a M- copy of the TNT LP....even here in Tejas!!