Help me with some soulstrut slang.

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
In the 70s "snap" or "oh snap" meant now I get it or, or now I remember. ie, "I was like what is Neil Young doing with them? Then I was like, oh snap, he was in Buffallo Springfield with Steven Stills."I thought it had a meaning like that here, but my friend a 3rd grade teacher, says his kids use it to mean "oh shit".So, what does it mean? Where does it come from? Is that Chris Rock? Also At first I thought it meant "your response is stupid". Then I thought it meant "nobody is saying anything. So same questions.Lastly, I am not clear on the correct use of

Comments

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts
    Lastly, I am not clear on the correct use of

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    You can use Oh Snap instead of Oh Shit.

Shorty's got a nice Ass!!

But you couldnt use Oh Snap if you dropped your ring down the drain.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    Elise will clear all of this up in a few. You have to wait because her PMs are so totally full right now. In the meantime report to one my vs threads and take a stand. You liberal pussy.

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    its good if someone gets dissed.
    you'll be like "oh snap, he/she sonned you."

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Where does it come from? Is that Chris Rock?

No, not Chris Rock. It's snipped from a gif that's been on the net forever:

That gif is derived from a rollo commercial, I used to have it bookmarked somewhere but I can no longer find it.

I cut the head out for a custom avatar I made for the Heatrocks??? Auction item that volumen won:

Since I had the head already cut out, I put it into graemlin form for my 1000th post.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    "Salma Hayek" originated when some strutters were talking about how hot Salma was and thought it be amazing if she were reading the thread and posted on it herself.

The icon now represents the concept of a non-strutter being discussed on the board and unexpectedly showing up to respond. This is usually wishful thinking.

When it actually happens, though....

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

This avatar is the schitt.

"Salma Hayek" originated when some strutters were talking about how hot Salma was and thought it be amazing if she were reading the thread and posted on it herself.

The icon now represents the concept of a non-strutter being discussed on the board and unexpectedly showing up to respond. This is usually wishful thinking.

Oh yeah, what are some good example of this? I only remember Anthony Pearson. Wait, is he famous?

Oh yeah, what are some good example of this? I only remember Anthony Pearson. Wait, is he famous?
    Thes One. The dude form the Ohio Players (Junie Morrison).

• OH SNAP! Meaning, oh no! or oh crap. Used properly in the following sentance:
    "Oh snap! I left my keys in the car! that's how I always viewed it.

• HamHam 872 Posts

Also, Edan showed up and called SoulOnIce "mousey".

How could I forget about that one.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    OH SNAP! Meaning, oh no! or oh crap. Used properly in the following sentance:
    "Oh snap! I left my keys in the car! that's how I always viewed it.

So does that mean "I just remembered! I left my keys in the car!"? Thats what I thought.

Or
    "Oh shit! I left my keys in the car!"?

I remember that thread. I thought people used it to say some one was hot. Then I thought they were using it to say some one was ugly. Does it get missused all the time?

How did Monty end up here?

Monty!

I missed Junie Morrison. Link please.

How did Monty end up here?

We were talking about him, and up he popped. Corrected my spelling.

Monty!

he hasnt made an appearance in a while. but say his name three times and he's sure to show up.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

COULD WE GET A LINK FOR THIS ONE, TOO? HOLD ON - WHY AM I YELLING? I CAN'T CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!

Oh, wait. Never mind.

• Deejay_OMDeejay_OM 695 Posts

Lastly, I am not clear on the correct use of

best part of your question...right here! haha...I was laughing when I saw this...

COULD WE GET A LINK FOR THIS ONE, TOO? HOLD ON - WHY AM I YELLING? I CAN'T CONTROL THE VOLUME OF MY VOICE!

Oh, wait. Never mind.

haha.
    voice immodulation syndrome is a killer.

btw. i second this request.

Does anyone know who started that thread?
    I thought it was dizzy bull but it wasn't.

I'll try to find the EDAN thread.

• HamHam 872 Posts

Does anyone know who started that thread?

I thought it was dizzy bull but it wasn't.

I'll try to find the EDAN thread.

http://www.soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post557227

Regardless, I'm not "famous"

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts

Monty!

he hasnt made an appearance in a while. but say his name three times and he's sure to show up.

Monty still posts occasionally, he's just not called Monty anymore.

Also

At first I thought it meant "talking loud saying nothing". Then I thought it meant "nobody is saying anything".

So whats it mean?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

It can mean either "why is nobody posting in this thread"
    or "that's what I thought, you have no response" when in a beef.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    hahahaha SOI was called mousey by Edan.......

sorry, that is kind of funny. I dont remember reading that thread...now I am glad I did!!!!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    ((sigh))

just bear in mind that he read a random post that was
    meant to make fun of what was going on in the thread,
    and took it waaaay too seriously. I had to laugh, though.