Halal vs Kosher

FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Just in terms of Beef

Comments

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Halal

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    This thread was ekspecially designed for you.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    The slaughter and butchering of kosher beef is overseen by a rabbi. In theory. I've heard that while large slaughterhouse may pay kosher certification organization, actual oversight is spotty. Obviously the the oversight of halal would not be by a rabbi. Kosher beef is bleed to death I beleive. Not sure about halal.

I don't understand why you can't do all that same shit with a pig. Jesus, could you imagine that bacon? Drools...

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    The slaughter and butchering of kosher beef is overseen by a rabbi. In theory. I've heard that while large slaughterhouse may pay kosher certification organization, actual oversight is spotty. Obviously the the oversight of halal would not be by a rabbi. Kosher beef is bleed to death I beleive. Not sure about halal.

Yes its bleed to death although thats where it gets weird. I've been told that the jugular vein never clots (hence the bleeding to death idea) but I've also been told that cutting the jugular is instant death (no Eddie Harris)

one of them jew bastards was fibbing

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Jesus, could you imagine that bacon? Drools...

Actually, I would guess they can't. What's the deal kosher kats? Is that like trying to imagine a color that doesn't exist?

Either way, more bacon for the rest of us.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    I don???t have a particular religion, but I like to learn about them when I can. While I was in Budapest a few years ago, I met an Israeli doctor in a bar who had been working with m??decins sans fronti??res in the former Yugoslavia. We got to talking about Judaism and Israel among other things, and he invited me along to the Dohany Synagogue the next day. He brought myself and a swiss girl there, gave us a little rundown of what happened in Budapest during the war (Raoul Wallenberg + the protected ghetto, Herzl, buryied/preserved Torah Scrolls, etc) and then we strolled around the Jewish Quarter. He brought us into a Kosher kitchen where there was indeed a Rabbi overseeing things. It was a pretty interesting part of my visit.

This same gentleman told me when kosher foods were not available to him in the course of his work/travel, he would seek out halal food, which he considered ???close enough.??? As he explained, someone very concerned about keeping kosher would not follow his rule of thumb, but he was not strict in his diet. A comment of his I found funny at the time was ???what God would not want me to eat proscuitto when I am in Italy????

Actually, I would guess they can't. What's the deal kosher kats? Is that like trying to imagine a color that doesn't exist?

Something about cheewing cud.

Jews eat bacon. It is too good not to eat.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    Muslims tell me they can eat at a kosher spot and still keep halal. Orthodox Jews tell me halal spots are not strict enough for the Kosher rules so they can only eat at Kosher spots.

someone plaese to draw a ven diagram.

ps I fucks with bacon.

While I was in Budapest a few years ago, I met an Israeli doctor in a bar who had been working with m??decins sans fronti??res in the former Yugoslavia.

Doctors Without Boarders. One of my favorite organizations. The founder was just made something like Secretary Of State in France. I would have gone to Shull with him too.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Muslims tell me they can eat at a kosher spot and still keep halal. Orthodox Jews tell me halal spots are not strict enough for the Kosher rules so they can only eat at Kosher spots

And they call vegetarians picky.

A.S.S.H.U.R.T.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

A.S.S.H.U.R.T.

what does that stand for, son????

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    While I was in Budapest a few years ago, I met an Israeli doctor in a bar who had been working with m??decins sans fronti??res in the former Yugoslavia.

Doctors Without Boarders. One of my favorite organizations. The founder was just made something like Secretary Of State in France. I would have gone to Shull with him too.

Dude had crazy stories. The same night, in addition to the aforementioned swiss girl, we drank a beer with an Iranian emigre to Hungary. I felt like the world might be alright sitting around that table. But only for a minute.

A.S.S.H.U.R.T.

what does that stand for, son????

I just put in the periods for shits and giggles, dude.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts

I just put in the periods for shits and giggles, dude.

That's what God said.