LOCAL 'HOOD FASHIONS (houses of flava)

mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
So there have been a couple ghetto fab stores that have sprung up at a local mall. I looked around and didn't see much that I could rock. Whose actually buying those akadmks and all over print crazedness??? At least their cashiers and workers are supafly chicas.I wish more places carried Lemar & Dauley down here though, prolly have to make a trip to LA for that ish. Rep your local hoodfabulous clothing experience.

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    My local joint is all about all over prints and sequenced shiny t shirts. Shit that Akon wears. Most of it is for the children. Their sneaker game is so garbage. The other sneaker stores are killin them. I dont understand how they get latest jeans/polos/shirt/etc and still have Jordans from 5 years ago. Or AF1 that nobody rocks.

When is the Skull & Crossbones gonna fuckin pass in the fashion game. God damn is so overdone!

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

When is the Skull & Crossbones gonna fuckin pass in the fashion game. God damn is so overdone!

you mean these?

That's some othet shit. I meant this type shit....

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    yeah that is NAGL.

fuck a hood fashion.

the kid is strictly Tim boots and Armani-certified suits.

the kid is strictly Tim boots and Armani-certified suits.

Tims in the summer.......

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    MOTHERFUCKERS STILL BE ROCKIN THOSE XXXL WHITE TEES.

Believe me, no one cool is doing that shit. Young cats w/ style have graduated from big tees along time ago.

Unless your out in the country somewhere.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    I dont understand how they get latest jeans/polos/shirt/etc and still have Jordans from 5 years ago. Or AF1 that nobody rocks.

this is usually a pretty good indication that the store doesn't have a nike account... they just get stuff from a re-wholesaler, the same way TJ Max and those kind of places get inventory... clothing lines are much easier and cheaper to open accounts with than sneaker lines, especially the big ones like nike, adidas, etc.

Believe me, no one cool is doing that shit. Young cats w/ style have graduated from big tees along time ago.

i am out in the country somewhere, and gigantic white tees are as popular as ever

I dont understand how they get latest jeans/polos/shirt/etc and still have Jordans from 5 years ago. Or AF1 that nobody rocks.

this is usually a pretty good indication that the store doesn't have a nike account... they just get stuff from a re-wholesaler, the same way TJ Max and those kind of places get inventory... clothing lines are much easier and cheaper to open accounts with than sneaker lines, especially the big ones like nike, adidas, etc.

No doubt. I actually approached the "manager" about steppin his game up. I showed him a copy of Sole mag and spoke of the possibilities. Dude acted like he was hip to shit and hasnt brought in a new kick since last year? All the other stores who arent "trendy hood stores" have all types of new shit in the window on the constant.

i am out in the country somewhere, and gigantic white tees are as popular as ever

yeah, shit's weak... i have moved on with my life, and quit being mad at those dudes... i co-own a store, and we have dudes coming in all the time asking if we can get this or that shirt in a 4XL... "i can't wear that little tight shit"... most of these dudes like 5'8" and 140 lbs.