Jimmy Sabater: To Be With You

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I've heard a really cool version of this song that isn't from the Joe Cuba album that Sabater sings on, nor is it the 1975 disco version either. Anyone know of any other versions? Is it the 1967 album "Joe Cuba Introduces Jimmy Sabater"? It opens as a ballad but then slides into a Cuban dance rhythm midway through.

Comments

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I've heard a really cool version of this song that isn't from the Joe Cuba album that Sabater sings on, nor is it the 1975 disco version either. Anyone know of any other versions? Is it the 1967 album "Joe Cuba Introduces Jimmy Sabater"?

It opens as a ballad but then slides into a Cuban dance rhythm midway through.

I want the disco version! My Real Headz request got nothing but crickets.

Can you help me O-Dub?

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Jimmy Sabater sang on a few Joe Cuba records. I think you are looking for the version on "Steppin' Out."

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    One of my secret weapon records for sho!!! Love it. Just seen one in NYC for $40 at some used record store off of 14th on the west side. I think GIT has one for sale as well.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Jimmy Sabater sang on a few Joe Cuba records. I think you are looking for the version on "Steppin' Out."

Yeah, I thought it was too but it's not. The version on "Steppin Out" is a straight ballad, the whole way through. This version is about a minute longer and opens up into a dance rhythm about two minutes in.
    I think it might be this: "Joe Cuba Presents The Velvet Voice Of Jimmy Sabater "

• No offense, but that record is WAY overrated......

Used to go for 40+

Now it has cooled off (reason? it's not that hot yo...)

I sell it for 15 tops. But i usually tell peeps that it is overrated.

• paquelaspaquelas 206 Posts
    Finally did you find it?, i'm in love with the original version.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    there is a 12" of this

i also think al kent has also done an edit of it

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    I've heard a really cool version of this song that isn't from the Joe Cuba album that Sabater sings on, nor is it the 1975 disco version either. Anyone know of any other versions? Is it the 1967 album "Joe Cuba Introduces Jimmy Sabater"?

Can you help me O-Dub?

just buy the vinyl. shouldn't run you much more than $20. i've definitely sold it for less in the past.

THIS REALLY NEEDS AND EDIT though. so get al kent's edit or get doubles (but you probably have Microwave right?)

this has got to be one of THE VERY FIRST disco 12" ever made. date is 1975 !!!

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

Can you help me O-Dub?

just buy the vinyl. shouldn't run you much more than $20. i've definitely sold it for less in the past.

THIS REALLY NEEDS AND EDIT though. so get al kent's edit or get doubles (but you probably have Microwave right?)

this has got to be one of THE VERY FIRST disco 12" ever made. date is 1975 !!!

I did. Only $10.49 too!