LAPD......What the F%CK!

Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Sat night I am spinning at a charity art event on Venice Blvd. The event is put on by project studios which donates a portion of the money made by the show to charity. Its a ten dollar entry fee and the art is for sale. There is an open bar and obviously DJ's. for the most part the crowed is pretty mellow, a few people were dancing for a minute or two, I rocked a slow paced set and then chilled out with a drink and talked to some ladies, everyone is having a good time. A little after midnight I heard rumours that the police are here, I look around for officers but didn't see boys in blue. Just then I noticed a badge around the neck of a plain closed cop followed by six others. The fucking Vice squad just busted a charity art event for not having a permit to have a DJ and not having a permit for dancing. Is this not outragous?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• just shows you whats become of the once great and bohemian venice beach.

W.E.A.K.S.A.U.C.E.

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    A few Durham City cops came to our last 60s-70s soul gig. They just kinda chilled out for a little bit watching the dancefloor then left. Luckily one of our gogo dancers became legal just this year.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Luckily one of our gogo dancers became legal just this year.

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    I think whats more outrageous is that they were "undercover" shouldn't they be fucking with some meth labs or whore houses.. it just shows what small dicks those particular cops had.... to pussy to fuck with some real dangerous shit... hmmmmm lets see we can bust some meth dealers or fuck with this art show I heard about..........

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    this is beyond wack

In similar news there is still a "no dancing" restriction in Westwood, that was enacted after the shooting / gangbangin' late 80's early 90's, right AP?

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Luckily one of our gogo dancers became legal just this year.

You haven't seen the new flyers for Marco's night?

BARELY LEGAL GO-GO DANCERS

ETHNIC PUNJABI GIRLS

VEGAN-FRIENDLY ATMOSPHERE

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    A permit just to have a DJ? Is that cuz of noise, or is that just a way to tack a second fee onto the dancing permit?

It's just another way of the police wasting tax payers money with bullshit... come on THIS ISN'T SOME SMALL TOWN THIS IS A BIG CITY GO GET SOME BAD GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stop fucking with young people at an art show! DAMN

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    LAME. i think ive been west of fairfax a total of 3 times since i moved here. now i have even less of a reason. i mean, im no fan of the gallery art show, but this is beyond lame.

This was east man... Venice and LaBrea!

DAMMIT!!! THEYRE GETTING CLOSER!!!

yeah, someone said venice beach and i made the assumption. was this your normal art gig $10 all you can drink thing? my partner in crime [ugly #2] keeps trying to get me to roll out to that joint but my alcohol tolerance is at an all time low and im not really an art gallery person. so i stay at home and watch tv usually.

BTW

the east aint much better. i went to some house party in echo park and i was surrounded by a bunch of dudes rocking the "bjorn borg". and by that i mean short shorts, vintage track suit and a headband. luckily my alcohol tolerance was low and a beer and a snort of bourbon made the night go by with ease...

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    I like this place in Venice:

http://www.blackcatart.com/

I saw some kinda bizarre performance art thing there once involving nudity & sword waving (the metal kind). A guy in the crowd started making fun of it in a loud voice. The tough-looking owner almost kicked his ass and then threw him out anyway. Amusing.

Yeah, I've done that some three times... its pretty good art, and the ladies are out in FULL force. Word I feel you on that Echo Park tip.. in LA i feel like you have two crowds to worry about... the dudes that rock out the sleezy hollywood look and then the kids that try too hard to look like they don't give a fuck. Either way it sucks. but you should check out one of the shows your boy trys to get you to come to. Check out this website www.project.bz it shows some of the shows... not bad man... its not a stuck up crowd.

Yeah, I've done that some three times... its pretty good art, and the ladies are out in FULL force. Word I feel you on that Echo Park tip.. in LA i feel like you have two crowds to worry about... the dudes that rock out the sleezy hollywood look and then the kids that try too hard to look like they don't give a fuck. Either way it sucks. but you should check out one of the shows your boy trys to get you to come to. Check out this website www.project.bz it shows some of the shows... not bad man... its not a stuck up crowd.

one of the artists that i guess showed there is a good friend of mine. man i suck.