Can someone give me $3,121?

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
to go see Prince?He is performing at the roosevelt hotel throughout the summerthe venue only fits 200 peopleand it sounds like it'll be a fun nighthttp://www.thedailyswarm.com/swarm/prince-hollywood/

Comments

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    can't you get it from Will or Jada?

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    "ayo, big willy, i used to work at your company! we met that one time in the hallway. oh, yeah, of course you remember... you're so charming. anyway, can i get like, um, three thousand and some change to go see prince at the roosey?"

"yeah? oh, and you and jada wanna come? double date? sure, sounds like a plan."

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    I know your probably joking about wanting to go to this show but....

One of my biggest regrets as a dj was about 3-4 years ago. Prince came to Portland to perform at the Schnitzer and then did a second suprise show at the Roseland the same night.

I had just started doing the booking and playing out. One of my co-workers called me about 10:15 pm and asked if I wanted to come and play the Prince afterparty. I wasnt really confidant in his organizing skills and just assumed it was an afterparty for the concert goers. I was wrong. The Prince entourage booked half the Bar and had a private party for like 10 people including Prince in a room that holds the DJ and about 100 people. I was greatly disapointed to say the least. But this Dude Barry, who plays with the Black Notes ( portland funk cover band ) ended up getting the second call. He is an older dude with tons of musical skills and knowledge so I was happy that he got to do it, he deserved it more than me and Im sure it made his whole world.

Anyways, I didnt find out until the next day and was more mad at my friend/co-worker who didn't call me when all the excitement was going down. There were feathers all over the floor he next morning.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    no joke
    i'm not a big prince fan but i know he'd put on a great performance, especially for such an intimate crowd
    also, as an added benefit, i'm guessing there'll be some hot s at the show