Has anyone else ever had a phone call from EBAY???

mrmatthewmrmatthew 1,575 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
So on my voice mail, i had a live phone call from someone at EBAY adressing me by my ebay handle and telling me that they were running some sort of special for sellers...blah..blah..blah.They werent soliciting anything and didnt give any number to call back, but it was really strange to have someone leaving a message for me and only addressing me by my ebay handle.Is this new?Anyone else?

Comments

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Thats weird!! Ebay calling you!!! Damn, man I would love to have someone address me by my ebay ID...LOL

• It happens to a close seller friend, who lives in FRANCE. No big deal, they told him to re-call. He never did it and nothing happened..

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    yes... at least 10 times.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    I'd like to hear Nate-Bizzo's voice mail from eBay

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    i got one and i ragged on the person for calling on a sat at 10 am
    then i unloaded everything i hate about egay and all of the new "features"[identity cloking for bids over 100 etc,paypal racket etc

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    Quite the tough guy, you are.

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Quite the tough guy, you are.

thanks KKKUNTT CENSOR

fact is i bet I would be able to easily beat you down in a fight
    pansy ass punk ass nerd
    spermidermy smegma slave

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    the saga of crink and kala. i love it.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Kala, look out, your microscopic penis is showing.

• Just to give this person a real answer to the question, yes once you start selling on ebay and you give out your phone number they'll call you randomly from california where i believe the headquarters is at... or at least somewhere out west. They just want to inform you of new features,sales, ect blah blah... so it's basically a sales call. It's not someone trying to get over on you in any way shape or form, but yeah I never could figure why they'd address me by the user id on ebay instead of my name.