OPTIGAN DISCS?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited June 2005 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
anyone have any of these, or know someone who does? i've got an optigan that was just cleaned and i'd trade my mother's wedding ring for some discs. well, you know what i mean. thanks!

Comments

• BamboucheBambouche 1,484 Posts
    Steve Fisk, Seattle based producer/musician, has an optigan. He used it for the majority of the music on the Steven Bernstein LP PRISON, as well as the solo records he made (which are both great and extremely weird). I read an interview with Fisk 10 or 12 years ago in a trade magazine about his "songs", and he discussed splicing tape, noise generators, and I believe making his own optigan discs. I don't remember much about it, but perhaps it's archived somewhere.

Aside from eBay or other used equipment retailers, you may be able to contact him. He's a fairly approachable guy, and probably not too hard to find. Easier than getting ahold of John Brion, I would imagine.

There's also an optigan web forum: http://www.optigan.com/

I remember downloading optigan samples from that site in the early '90s. So there's probably a wealth of information in there.

Post some photos, I'd love to see it.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i've got some of the discs that steve fisk used on his first album, but there are a few of them that seem to stay put (never show up on ebay or whatever). thanks for shooting me back. anyone else run across these things?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    the disc the hommie MJ wants is "movin".

The one in my avatar.

-------------