Cool Edit help please (ADPMC file related)

bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I have just spent 4 hours recording records into Cool Edit for a new mix.So I have just gone back to trim and edit each file (I have done about 30 files all saved separately) and while the files load up and are the correct length they should be they area all silent and there is no wave form showing just a flat line? Now I know when I pressed save on each file it was showing a wave form, but its all disappeared now.Its seems I have saved each file as a Microsoft ADPMC (wav) file? Is this where my problem lies? Anyone got any idea what a ADPMC file is?I have no idea why I recorded them in ADPMC format, I think I might have selected it by mistake, but to be honest I don???t know what format I usually record in and I???ve record lots of stuff and never had problems before? I guess I better start recording again?

Comments

• I'm pretty sure I always save as Wav PCM windows

• bboyparkzbboyparkz 549 Posts
    Cheers man.

I'll be sure to select that one when I start to re-record.

Just going to have a last attempt to somehow salvage these files first.

• kwalitykwality 620 Posts
    You could always try "Open As" within Cool Edit - it's not a sure fire method, but it could help. If it does, do a "Save As" PCM as soon as possible! Good luck, there's nothing more annoying than losing files!

• Yeah, well i am quite sure that even if you don't "save" a file rather record and simply click new. The other file is still aval. for use on the "files" tab which is located on the right side, but if you saved them as some alternate format i think it's best to not waste more hours of recording time and start new.