HEY SOULSTRUTTAZ: NORTH CAROLINA WHAT'S HOOD ?

Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Yeah folks, I'm going to be in NORTH KRACKALACK this monday through wednesday. Since I can't really go too far are there any worthwhile record or clothing shops to check?

Comments

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    Not too much going on around here man but if you're going to be in the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area, I'll do my best to entertain you. Tuesday's usually me & my homegirl's homemade vegan dinner jumpoff so I'll see if we can make that happen. The dinner is usually followed by mad drinking at a local bar frequented by boys & girls from India, UK, Russia, Korea, Germany, etc. so it may be a chance for you to improve foreign relations.

Check PM for the number all the ladies wish they had but only a select few do.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    mutton chops convention

mutton chops convention

Last time aleit was here, it more like a riot grrrl backpack rap convention. Welcome to Berkeley East.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    where in NC will you be?

Raleigh Durham

check your PMs

Jack lemme know what's up if ya'll do something in Raleighwood.

BTW You know the Alibi is down the drain right? D_n B_____r strikes again. Let's eggraid his house.

yeah, i recently had the pleasure of d*n sitting down at the table with me and my wife while we were eating, and he filled me in on the details... what a sweetheart!

i will have to take a rain check on the eggraid, i work for him again!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i hear there's a little brother shrine/museum right around there. they have 9ths snares caught in jars like butterflies. go check it out and let me know how it was, man!

ha...speaking of Little Brother that's who I'll be interviewing as well as

BIG

DADDY

KANE

chooom plow. This little brother interview is going to be ...ermm....interesting.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    BIG

DADDY

KANE

chooom plow.

Supposedly some of Marco & I's dupes line the walls of his 'music room'

If what y'all say of the Alibi is true I must cry now

Supposedly some of Marco & I's dupes line the walls of his 'music room'

Well his DJ is more a tire-kicker. Looks, asks the price, rubs his chin, puts it back. Nice dude though.

If what y'all say of the Alibi is true I must cry now]

Cry. Nick is out as manager for now. Old Man D*n is the manager. Entire staff fired except for Raymond. Raymond quit today. They're playing techno now. Three cheers for Raleigh.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    they have 9ths snares caught in jars like butterflies.

Oh, the one snare sound he uses on every song? Him and Kanye should compete for the "Hot Producer with the Fewest Drum Sounds" Award.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

they have 9ths snares caught in jars like butterflies.

Oh, the one snare sound he uses on every song? Him and Kanye should compete for the "Hot Producer with the Fewest Drum Sounds" Award.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hot Producer...9th?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

He drops some funky shit, but always uses the same drum sounds.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks:

I won't front, there has been times where I've enjoyed some of 9th's production but after I while I find it super boring. Before I even hear the beat I know exactly how it's going to sound like, and frankly that's a major turn-off with producer dudes. Someone like him, kev brown or black milk should try something new (all three of those dudes I've enjoyed at some point). At least dig in a different section of record store or just challenge yourself. But in the end, 9th is making moves so if ain't broken don't fix it.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    But in the end, 9th is making moves

popquiz for my strut brethren[/b]

_________________ ---------- what should go here, guys?

Hey,

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

Stacks:

I won't front, there has been times where I've enjoyed some of 9th's production but after I while I find it super boring. Before I even hear the beat I know exactly how it's going to sound like, and frankly that's a major turn-off with producer dudes. Someone like him, kev brown or black milk should try something new (all three of those dudes I've enjoyed at some point). At least dig in a different section of record store or just challenge yourself. But in the end, 9th is making moves so if ain't broken don't fix it.

Hey YP,

I agree with you, concerning 9th. I always say Little Brother makes nice songs but booty albums. My problem is that the LPs have the same sound throughout with little variation in mood, musically. It comes across like one long-ass song for 60 minutes. I think part of the problem, and I've experienced this, is that MCs seem to like a certain sound, and pick beats that coincides with it. I have continually had this problem with my MC, which is why I'm working on my own album. I'll rhyme to the ill, odd-ball shit, as well as some straight-down-the-middle hip-hop. It's all about creativity, and most MCs are so fuckin' limited in that sense. I now understand why producers do their own shit (e.g., Dilla, Diamond, etc.).

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak