A trashed Donato

inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
hey therethe post ruined my nice morning. my NM copy of joao donato`s sambou sambou arrived - but it`s fucking trashed. the vinyl broke through on one side.. any idea what to do? can you maybe glue that? or should i just throw it away and kill the postman?

Comments

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    first things first: go and take that record out of your weekend findz post, because that constitutes a FAKE FIND.

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    first things first: go and take that record out of your weekend findz post, because that constitutes a FAKE FIND.

Maybe we need a "Finds Card Pulled" graemlin.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

well okay. thanks for the info. doesnt help me much though.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    I mean , RESPECT THE RECORD GAME. How can you post a record as a find and then start a thread announcing it is broken?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

well okay. thanks for the info. doesnt help me much though.

WHAT YOU WANNA HEAR? YESSSSS, GO AND TRY TO GLUE THE RECORD BACK TOGETHER. THAT WILL WORK.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    and btw, records are graded by their current status, so you don't have a NM Donato, you have a FAIR Donato.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    This actually reminds me, I forgot to mention -
    all the records in my finds post this week (except
    for the Nancy Sinatra) were COVER ONLY. I found
    a store selling just covers for a fraction of
    the usual complete record cost! Should I have added that
    to my original post, you think?

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    the finds police have spoken.

fall back( & edit)

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    My favorite thread of the day. By far.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    This actually reminds me, I forgot to mention -
    all the records in my finds post this week (except
    for the Nancy Sinatra) were COVER ONLY. I found
    a store selling just covers for a fraction of
    the usual complete record cost! Should I have added that
    to my original post, you think?

there's a thin line between OMISSION and RECORD FINDS FAKING. Real men never cross that line.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

my NM copy of joao donato`s sambou sambou arrived - but it`s fucking trashed.

It's probably just as well, since we already told
    you that you weren't going to like that record back
    when you bought it, a week or two ago.
    Now you'll just have to take our word for it.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts

I will try the oven recovering method, you know, molecular fusion and stuff. I had good results in the past.

imho a find can only truly be fake if you never had the record to begin with - I mean, if you just went & pulled it off your shelf - you must have found it at some point previously right?

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts

my NM copy of joao donato`s sambou sambou arrived - but it`s fucking trashed.

from what i ve heared so far the jumping needle effects are worth the 30 bucks.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    imho a find can only truly be fake if you never had the record to begin with - I mean, if you just went & pulled it off your shelf - you must have found it at some point previously right?

clever, but you are not considering the time factor. Why do you think they are called "Weekend finds"? Finds are clearly defined by a time window.

clever, but you are not considering the time factor. Why do you think they are called "Weekend finds"? Finds are clearly defined by a time window.

sure, but unless the weekend date parameters are firmly established that could leave it open to any record found on a previous weekend.

I, like you, take these things very seriously - I don't dig on the weekends, thus you'll never see me in a weekend finds thread.