Tall Can Marathon Went DOWN!

sergserg 682 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
some video interviews from Tall Can Marathon 2: Revenge Of The Canfor contrast this is MC Oroville on can one

Comments

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    ahhhhh shit! gotta hangover like no other today. shit was fun as fuck!! i told myself early yesterday morning that i'll do no more than like 3 cans due to staying out till 3 in the morning having rap konwledge compitiions in the mission with yo! mtv raps trading cards the night before. the people of the mission new nathan! if they couldn't answer the question, they got dissed and sent on their way. anywho...fast forward to about 4 yesterday afternoon and i quitely showed up ready to have just a few drinks then be on my way. motherfucking 8 or 9 cans later (7:00) i "time traveled" to 6 this morning. woke up and found out somehow the lamp by the bed was shattered to shit, only had one sock on and a shoe was in the bed. i'm still trying to piece everything together.

dr. damn killed it with the hoodie over her face the whole time and becky name tag sticker. i didn't know it was her at first. the brother, chad, didn't take that shit serious though. i was screaming on him the whole time. i think he just got stuck on 2 and refused to press on. everybody who djed killed it though.

monkey fresh is a really dope spot and i'm not sure if i even got to tell the holmes, "thanks for the hospitality." serg, please to do so. i don't have his number.

let's do this again next weekend.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I'm confused...Cas, you moved back to the Bay?! When did that happen? And more importanter, who's gonna protect Dizzy and his quirky remixes from angry Snap Hop fans?!

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    i moved up here about 6 weeks ago. i left dizzy bull a ninja star protection kit before i left. i retain the power of "the glow"

• jaymackjaymack 5,199 Posts
    remind me not to drink w/ that dude.
    jeeebus!

don't know "Chopsticks"~~??!!!

• sergserg 682 Posts
    man Max held shit down, coming through with the dope location and sound setup. He also took the title with 13 cans and won the bottle of Terrible. Shit was way better than last year which was fun as hell too but man I already want to do Tall Can Marathon 3 now. I need fucking sponsors or at least a fucking intern to help me analyze all this fucking data.

my fucking brain shut down some where around 8 or 9. I don't remember people leaving but when it turned back we were cleaning and max was polishing off can 13.

matthew killed it and dj hammered as fuck was in full effect.

cas you came in at 9 cans which is respectable, the top dogs though were Max (13), Me (12), TopR (12), Alan(11) Conceit (10) and Lydia (10). Lydia and Stef were the leaders for the females 10 and 7.

shit was fucking epic

Max

I got more video footage coming too when thuggy hooks his shit up.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    that chopsticks shit is the fucking best, I got that video on repeat just laughing my ass off.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    This shit looks beyond fun.
    :whymusticry?:

• sergserg 682 Posts

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    That looks like a gooooooooooooood fucking time. Nice work.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    I could have had a couple more, but I had nothing to eat. Next year I'm in it to win it. Can I bring Gatorade?

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I think oroville was extra surly cuz he knew his clamper breathren were trying to break the world beerimid record at the chili cookoff in butte meadows yesterday.

respect due to big max

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    how was the word gotten out about this event?
    im in the bay for the month and this fell well under my raydar

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    cas i'm sorry i mistook the pen on your ear for a bluetooth earpiece twice. that was not very cool of me

i had an embarrassingly bad performance this year especially when last year i drank twice as many. i blame the presence of hamburgers and some other stuff and stupidly picking up a 24oz of tecate instead of a 16oz. plus it was windy outside. i tried to hide in max's loft real quiet for naptime and then i hear serg creeping up behind me with the bitchmade stamp. i hate you

beer

faded max

chad, becky and borg-9

beer and rap approved

the can i went out on

matthew

natty code and matthew on the [magic] mic

lydia's gurp city tall can holster

I LOVE THIS VIDEO. it captures the general atmosphere of the place 5 hours into the competition

i also love max. i need to thank him for hosting it this year.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    the first new kingdom reference in the history of youtube.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    how was the word gotten out about this event?
    im in the bay for the month and this fell well under my raydar

pretty much only word of mouth, I just emailed folks I knew and hollered at folks about it. Next year I might make it larger, I'm seriously going to try and get some sponsorship money next year.

audrey - man that video rules, you got anymore footage?

I don't remember any of the karaoke action, thats when my brain decided to piece out.

• cascas 1,484 Posts

I don't remember any of the karaoke action, thats when my brain decided to piece out.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I went wine tasting with a limo full of Special Ed teachers. It was just as fun, I swear.

(not us, but may as well been)

• autoauto 198 Posts
    Went back home and a friend of mine got a keg of arrogant bastard for his graduation. I spent the morning puking in my moms backyard.

• djstefdjstef 534 Posts
    "Did you play chopsticks??" Classic.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    I went wine tasting with a limo full of Special Ed teachers. It was just as fun, I swear.

wow. sounds like a blast. more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

• sergserg 682 Posts
    this was the sheet with the running tally, it doesn't include my last two submissions or max's winning third can but shit we're lucky have maintained it for as long as we did.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    um, was that Twoply in that first clip?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    this was the sheet with the running tally, it doesn't include my last two submissions or max's winning third can but shit we're lucky have maintained it for as long as we did.

Where's Liarface on that list? He said he put down twelve.

(FYI...after six he tends to gravitate towards trannies. No joke. Watch that fool.)

P.S. Novia was there too? That's my girl right there!

• sergserg 682 Posts

Where's Liarface on that list? He said he put down twelve.

(FYI...after six he tends to gravitate towards trannies. No joke. Watch that fool.)

P.S. Novia was there too? That's my girl right there!

he's on there as sweatpants. I don't know how novia got to 6 beers cause she was on her first PBR forever.

this is an example of all the scorecards I have to go through and analyze

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    "diane castillo. how does that sound? let's go to milk and make a baby in the bathroom!"

dude...i was done.

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    are you a special ed teacher anna?

• i enjoyed the liberal use of the "bitchmade" stamp/nametags. ben even stamped a bunch to take out with him later.

thanks so much to serg for organizing this and major big ups to max for hosting the whole affair.

even though i was there in an official capacity and did not compete, i actually ended up drinking more than last year! go figure.

mc cheese beard:

serg djing with his pink scarf:

"becky" going out like a bitch:

dance party:

mc morse code:

matthew africa:

this is cas getting serious:

the champ:

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

audrey - man that video rules, you got anymore footage?

yes it does. it kills me when nat is yelling "BITCH" into the mic and the camera pans over to the TV where it says "LOVE LOVE ME DO" on the karaoke screen.

i think i have 7 minute video of nat doing thompson twins on karaoke, but is singing "don't you want this hotdog?" cause he's holding a half eaten hotdog. i won't post it unless he wants me to.

• damn, that looked like crazy fun! I would love to participate in a contest(party) like that. No fights or altercations thoughout the whole night? I couldnt imagine holding a party like that and no bullshit tough talk or punches being thrown...but then again maybe I just know a lot of macho pricks. Glad yall had fun and nobody got alchohol poisoning or hurt.

ps: Audrey is a cutie!
    (sorry to her boyfriend or to her if she doesnt dig compliments like that)

• i think i have 7 minute video of nat doing thompson twins on karaoke, but is singing "don't you want this hotdog?" cause he's holding a half eaten hotdog. i won't post it unless he wants me to.

PLEASE POST. that was a surreal moment. morse code on the mic and conceit on the decks.

(and it was human league, not thompson twins!)