50 Cent's Vitamin Water Pays Off. Literally.

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
http://idolator.com/tunes/windfalls/for-...deal-269191.php$100 million dollars. Off Vitamin Water.

Comments

• Options
    David Wright from the Mets made $25 million doing the same thing with Vitamin Water, taking equity in the company in lieu of cash from an ad endorsement.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    http://idolator.com/tunes/windfalls/for-...deal-269191.php

$100 million dollars. Off Vitamin Water.

Dudes, the Forbes 100 reporting is notoriously shoddy and subject to manipulation. You can attribute this to 50's handlers putting in the work to inflate his value rather than to any actual basis in fact.

• theory9theory9 1,128 Posts

...plus the commercials rock.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Who is 50 Cent?

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts
    vitamin water needs a sugar-free/diet version

H2O

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts

H2O

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

Dudes, the Forbes 100 reporting is notoriously shoddy and subject to manipulation. You can attribute this to 50's handlers putting in the work to inflate his value rather than to any actual basis in fact.

Didn't 50s' people originally say he caked $400,000,000 off it though?

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Well, that rumor was flitting around, but I assume that once it was conclusively debunked they fell back to a smaller number. Just saying--plenty of people who have appeared on the Forbes lists have been subsequently exposed as broke, and they're known to be something of a joke.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

Well, that rumor was flitting around, but I assume that once it was conclusively debunked they fell back to a smaller number. Just saying--plenty of people who have appeared on the Forbes lists have been subsequently exposed as broke, and they're known to be something of a joke.

this is true. it's like the mics in the Source: "they pay for them thangs"

Trump was notorious for lobbying Forbes to inflate his numbers; the higher he was on the list, the better it was for business.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    Vitamin Water rocks.

• DJBombjackDJBombjack Miami 1,665 Posts
    Who is 50 Cent?

One of the many NY Rappers that still matter.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

this is true. it's like the mics in the Source: "they pay for them thangs"

Trump was notorious for lobbying Forbes to inflate his numbers; the higher he was on the list, the better it was for business.

So, should we hold a bakesale for 50? Car wash?

Let me know; my Saturday is still wide open.

• Good with the money he gets from that he should hit off Kool Herc, Cod Crush Brothers, etc. with $1 Million each. He can use it as a write off on his taxes, but he won't. He'll buy more jewels and some body oil for his next album cover.

Or he can buy me a copy of The Innersouls - Just take your time and another SP1200, he will be getting off easy

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Good with the money he gets from that he should hit off Kool Herc, Cod Crush Brothers, etc. with $1 Million each. He can use it as a write off on his taxes, but he won't. He'll buy more jewels and some body oil for his next album cover.

Or he can buy me a copy of The Innersouls - Just take your time and another SP1200, he will be getting off easy
    k

Who is 50 Cent?

One of the few NY Rappers that still matter.

Not in N.Y.C.

Cod Crush Brothers

He can use it as a write off on his taxes, but he won't. He'll buy more jewels and some body oil for his next album cover.

50 Cent just caked something in the ballpark of seven, maybe even eight figures off an investment in Vitamin Water. He's clearly not as stupid or impetuous as you might guess.

• Options
    He can use it as a write off on his taxes, but he won't. He'll buy more jewels and some body oil for his next album cover.

50 Cent just caked something in the ballpark of seven, maybe even eight figures off an investment in Vitamin Water. He's clearly not as stupid or impetuous as you might guess.

I would have to pin a lot of that on his business manager or financial advisor, though I'm not doubting 50's business acumen at all. Every old drug dealer I knew from growing up is somewhat successful at this point in whatever legitimate business they eventually got into, except for the one in jail and the informant in hiding for ratting him out, and the one who lost his mind and tried to get onto Pres. Bush' ranch and then onto CIA headquarters to pitch the movie about his life. Besides those three, all the other guys did good.

I'm saying - I don't assume 50 wakes up every morning and checks his stock portfolio and starts making decisions about what to short. But most of these incredibly successful rappers - love him or hate him but 50 is certainly in that circle - are not stupid people, ESPECIALLY coming in the generation after seeing people like Hammer go from multi-millions to filing for Chapter 13. 50 has always been very, very astute about diversifying his money in many ventures outside "gold chains" and "body oil". It's just laughably stupid to even suggest that he's that shortsighted. I'm not saying dude is the next Richard Branson but he won't be broke at 40.

• hemolhemol 2,578 Posts
    I'm saying - I don't assume 50 wakes up every morning and checks his stock portfolio and starts making decisions about what to short. But most of these incredibly successful rappers - love him or hate him but 50 is certainly in that circle - are not stupid people, ESPECIALLY coming in the generation after seeing people like Hammer go from multi-millions to filing for Chapter 13. 50 has always been very, very astute about diversifying his money in many ventures outside "gold chains" and "body oil". It's just laughably stupid to even suggest that he's that shortsighted. I'm not saying dude is the next Richard Branson but he won't be broke at 40.

I might go so far as to say dude is a businessman first and a rapper second, but it might be the wine talking. Regardless, I agree; he's smart about making money.

• ayresayres 1,452 Posts
    I might go so far as to say dude is a businessman first and a rapper second

I heard him on the radio telling Funkmaster Flex exactly that, in regard to all the beef - basically it's good business and people making songs about him just gets him more paid. I think that's what's wrong with his music actually, all his shit is so calculated that it isn't fun. He makes songs to make videos to.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Im soooo bored of this guy. who cares?