Accidental Cel Phone Calls

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
This is for all you non flip phone dudes.Have you ever accidentally dialed somone up on your cel? Most of the time shit is nothing but my wife just got herself into a sticky situation. She unknowingly left a message on my sister's cel saying some mean things about her in the background. She did not mean any of it, obviously... just venting. But Still... It's gonna take a few years to diffuse the situation.Any body have a similar experience?

Comments

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    I'm a flip phoner, but I get the random accidental calls every now and then from friends. It's usually just sounds of them starting the car or random pocket noise. That's a tough situation. What are the odds of an accidental dial and a venting session about that specific person. She should just say "no, I was talking about the OTHER (fill in name), you know, the one from work."

She needs a time machine.

• canonicalcanonical 2,100 Posts
    I can an accidental call from a friend. All I could hear was him belting out Eiht lyrics, presumably in his car.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    For some reason my old phone used to pocket-dial one particular person: "Action Pac" (AKA "Pac Man",) the leader of the Get Money Nation.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    because my name is near the top of everyones alphabetical phone list I get accidental calls all the time. Usually I'll hang up but sometimes I'll listen for a bit to see if I can decipher whats going on. Never heard any that were too exciting, Most enthralling ws people trying to make a pipe out of an apple while driving.

No one ever accidently calls me during a m??nage-a-trois

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    THIS JUST HAPPENED TO ME 2 DAYS AGO

the woman said she was going to call the police. she was insane. she thought the person i was asking for was someone who stole her phone and was going to give the police my phone number as a person to question? it was nuts

• JustAliceJustAlice 1,308 Posts
    because my name is near the top of everyones alphabetical phone list I get accidental calls all the time. Usually I'll hang up but sometimes I'll listen for a bit to see if I can decipher whats going on. Never heard any that were too exciting

Me too and me neither.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    I do it ALL THE DAMN TIME, I forget to lock the keys....but luckily it is always in my pocket when it happpens and nothing (so far) but garbled noises have occured. I accedentily called my girlfriend in the aformentioned fashion a few days after we went on our first date...luckily nothing damning...as far as I know!

• drewnicedrewnice 5,465 Posts
    My old phone used to accidentally dial Breakself once a month or so.

Use of the key lock feature should help a bit.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    When I accidentally call my wife, she's refers to what she hears on her end as "pocket noise".

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    King Most's girl stays "accidentally" calling me......

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    because my name is near the top of everyones alphabetical phone list I get accidental calls all the time.

until i put breakselfs number in my phone you were the first to appear for a long ass time. you should change your first name to aadam and then youll be #1 again.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Last week, I accidentally called an old acquaintance while I was at work.
    I was going over a couple of things that needed to be done. Needless to say, I'm sure it was a 'WTF' experience for him.

• oldjeezyoldjeezy 134 Posts
    I got a weird-ass one at home yesterday. Some dude sounding like a Blue Collar Comedy version of a redneck talking about picking up a rattlesnake...I was wishing I was taping it. I'm just trying to figure out WHO called that would even be hanging out with this dude.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    When I accidentally call my wife, she's refers to what she hears on her end as "pocket noise".

Sounds like a lost Folkways lp.

I used to love getting those calls all the time. It's almost like the sound version of vouyerism. Never got a really interesting one, but I've been known to listen for maybe 3 minutes....just in case something crazy happends.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    I used to love getting those calls all the time. It's almost like the sound version of vouyerism.

I'm generally in the middle of people???s phone list, so usually this doesn't happen. For some reason, one friend of mine always calls when he is out at a show. This has happened 5-6 times. I'll get a 5 minute voicemail of pocket-noise and bass. On two occasions I've been able to tell who the music was (Toots/Maytals, and Four Tet ). Its always fun to call the next day and drop yeah, what did you think of that Toots show?... to a baffled/mute response.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,901 Posts
    This just happened last week to my best friend.

His cell phone is messed up.

So, he's at the strippers with a couple of our other friends and his cell continues to call his house at around midnight.

25 times later his wife gets really pissed off and calls him back.

He answers and is like "Hello???"

She starts yelling... WTF, why are you calling me over & over?

In the background all you can hear is the DJ "Alright fellas, give it up for Candy!!!"

Ha... Dumbass

• HAZHAZ 3,376 Posts
    I get accidental phone calls from my plumber while he's fighting with his wife. He's always yelling shit like: "Do you know who holds the cards here?!?" "No one has to hold my dick while I piss!" For whatever reason, when I try to hang up, the line stays on & I can't get it to stop. lol.

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    2 stories.

once my lady's friend accidentallyl dialed her while she was smoking a blunt in the car with some dude trying to mack to her, well, not really TRYING i guess, she was with it and we listened for about 5 minutes and hung up...

another one happened to a friend of mine, not sure if this was an accident though: the homie's girl moved to vegas and he went down to visit and on this visit they ended up in a fight and breaking up. he gets a call the next night from her and all you hear is her getting her brains effed out! not fresh and looking back, probably not accidental either ....

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    2 stories.

once my lady's friend accidentallyl dialed her while she was smoking a blunt in the car with some dude trying to mack to her, well, not really TRYING i guess, she was with it and we listened for about 5 minutes and hung up...

another one happened to a friend of mine, not sure if this was an accident though: the homie's girl moved to vegas and he went down to visit and on this visit they ended up in a fight and breaking up. he gets a call the next night from her and all you hear is her getting her brains effed out! not fresh and looking back, probably not accidental either ....

no way that was accidental.

it was, however, diabolical.

how fucked up.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    What has happened to me a couple of times that
    was very annoying, was pulling my phone out
    and finding it all hooked up to some internet link,
    which is definitely NOT cheap on my plan. When I first
    had it I was terrible about locking the keys, and one
    night it accidently was on internet connect for over 4
    hours ... my next bill had an extra $180 tacked on.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,632 Posts
    This is for all you non flip phone dudes.

Have you ever accidentally dialed somone up on your cel? Most of the time shit is nothing but my wife just got herself into a sticky situation. She unknowingly left a message on my sister's cel saying some mean things about her in the background. She did not mean any of it, obviously... just venting. But Still...

It's gonna take a few years to diffuse the situation.

Any body have a similar experience?

I get them once in a while. I remember around 2001 or 2002 the Cingular network went haywire and everyone's calls were crossing and mixing. You would be having a conversation and suddenly someone else would be talking and then it would switch to another person. I think it happened for a few hours. I did nothing but call people that day.

• Before I had a cell phone, my friend accidentally dialed my landline while trying to send a text to someone else at 3AM and all I could hear through my loud ass answering machine was BEEEEEP BOOOOOP BEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEP BEEP BOOOOOOOOOOOOP BOOOP BEEEEEEEEEEEEP for like five minutes straight.

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    About a year ago my father in law was blowing up our phones. He would call her phone then my phone then her phone over and over. We were both really pissed to the point we just stopped picking up. At one point he called and I thought I hit ignore but I picked up the call. We both proceeded to go off about how much of a pain in the ass he was being. He stayed on the line for about 20 minutes while we both talked shit just venting about all of the bullshit he was pulling. It did not go over well at all.

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    with an "A" name I get these calls all the time- but it's NEVER anything could, just noise.

• edpowersedpowers 4,437 Posts
    A stranger sent me a beautiful Father's day text this morning....I didn't bother telling them they texted the wrong number....I just replied, Thanks

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I keep my keys locked and make the first contact a blank one with two spaces for the name. Have you guys noticed that some phone take a second to end a call after you hit the button? Watch out for that one. I never start talking shit until after I see my phone back to the main screen.

• on a somewhat related story, did yall hear that some dude here in the US was recieving NASA transmit from space on his baby monitor? NEXT LEVEL!