passport to SOUTH AMERICA travel channel

youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
anybody watching these shows w/samantha brown. i gotta get down there soon. anyone with promoter connects let me know. peace, stein. . .

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    i actually couldnt stand samantha brown when i first started seeing her on tv a year or two back. she was just... i dont know, kinda wack. i didnt really like her personality. though i like her now and think shes doin an okay job on the SA show.

shes way better than that boring ass couple from 1000 places to visit. they just arent very interesting to me.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    Man I've not seen this show but seriously love me some travel shows.

It's all about Globe Trekker on PBS.

Any fans?

• high_chigh_c 1,384 Posts
    couldnt stand samantha brown

I know a host should be energetic and project enthusiasm but she needs to turn it down a notch. But, don't get me wrong, I still watch and enjoy her shows.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    Man I've not seen this show but seriously love me some travel shows.

It's all about Globe Trekker on PBS.

Any fans?

GT is sick! we watch that all the time. they did a peruvian one that made us want to get up off the couch and fly there immediately. they showed a different machu pichu spot and a few weeks later the NYTimes had an article on the same place. great tv watching.

i also like watching andrew zimmern, as weird as he can be, doing his "if it looks good, eat it" show on the travel channel. i also watch bourdains show when it airs as well.

i spend most of tv time watching travel shows, science network, pbs, and the history channels.

ditto on the sam brown bit. it took us some time but were really starting to get her humor. plus she says some random ass shit when shes drinking. did you watch her on the pre-oktoberfest show she did? her and that big ass beer?! shit was funny to me.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    anybody watching these shows w/samantha brown. i gotta get down there soon. anyone with promoter connects let me know. peace, stein. . .

yea! i'm channel surfing and yes, loved it. The one I saw was on Chile. I makes you think about all of the places you want to visit, and all of the places you may NEVER visit in your lifetime.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    couldnt stand samantha brown

I know a host should be energetic and project enthusiasm but she needs to turn it down a notch. But, don't get me wrong, I still watch and enjoy her shows.

she is such a nerd, ya gotta like her shows....also, is Buenos Aires as cheap as she said it is? I dont mind Argentinian pressings of Brazilian heaters.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    is Buenos Aires as cheap as she said it is? I dont mind Argentinian pressings of Brazilian heaters.

I haven't seen the show you're refering to but when I was there last year it was cheap man. Records were pretty fucking cheap as well and I came home with Argentina heat I'd only seen pictures of before.