Selling with Low Feedback (Ebay related Q)

ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
I'm new to the eBay sales game so I have a few questions:My feedback score is 84 (all positive); should I wait a while and build my score before unloading the ??ber Rares?Is anyone here deterred by a relatively low feedback score even if the positive feedback is 100%?Is there really a general lull in ebay record buying during the summer?In general, is it wise or unwise to accept personal checks as a form of payment?

Comments

• BeardedDBeardedD 770 Posts
    84 is fine; would you hesitate to buy from a perfect 84?

Don't know about the summer thing.

I don't take checks anymore because there's no instant gratification. Although when I did they never bounced.

• Options
    I'm new to the eBay sales game so I have a few questions:

My feedback score is 84 (all positive); should I wait a while and build my score before unloading the ??ber Rares?

I don't believe it makes a differemce other than your auctions having to be discovered and it's effect on demand.

Is anyone here deterred by a relatively low feedback score even if the positive feedback is 100%?

Never.

Is there really a general lull in ebay record buying during the summer?

Mos def - these are the times to stock up.

In general, is it wise or unwise to accept personal checks as a form of payment?

You United Statesians and your checks (cheques) and 7 eleven counter pickle jars

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Ok, I've got some questions for the experienced sellers (soufriere or anyone else):
    How does one further appeal to overseas buyers? Is it benificial to list auctions so they'll end at convenient time for overseas buyers to bid on them? Does the summer lull apply to overseas buyers as well? Inquiring minds want to know.

• Options
    Ok, I've got some questions for the experienced sellers (soufriere or anyone else):

How does one further appeal to overseas buyers?

Free shipping???

Is it benificial to list auctions so they'll end at convenient time for overseas buyers to bid on them?

Yes. Selling records catered to Dj's should not end Frii/Sat at midnight. I get a lot of UK business, so I try and get my stuff to end at8-9pm-ish their time. Though snipes are eroding the need to do this, information is still imperfect and not all have caught on (and some never will necessarily having a hands-on approach)

Does the summer lull apply to overseas buyers as well?

More so than North America (you're not the only America, you know) Europeans generally get much more vacation time than us over here (though I'm doing my college-try best to bring up our average), and are often off for most of July/August.

Inquiring minds want to know.

• lotuslandlotusland 740 Posts
    ebay in the summer sucks for selling. i'd suggest doing something else like selling popsicles. buy it now or high opening bids maybe the way to roll with grails.

• ariel_calmerariel_calmer 3,762 Posts
    I dunno, things have been going for some funny money lately.

People with "funk" or "groovy" in their name scare me. Who put $200 on a record the first day. Way to know when to hold em. Anybody met up with "AQUARIUS_BLACK"?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

I thought you weren't selling anything

Are you "over" the record thing?

• ReynaldoReynaldo 6,054 Posts
    I'm just pruning the collection right now...trimming the fat, if you will. I see the wisdom and utility in the idea now. Most of the money will be going back into records, many of which I will keep permanently.

The flavor this month is still records.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm just pruning the collection right now...trimming the fat, if you will. I see the wisdom and utility in the idea now. Most of the money will be going back into records, many of which I will keep permanently.

The flavor this month is still records.

I'm feeling that.

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    I wouldn't hesitate buying from somebody with 84 positive feedbacks.

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

We're cutting you off, Jon. Time to man-up via Ebay![/b]