Mixer Strut

djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
What kind of mixer do you use? I've had a Vestax 07 since 2000 and I'm thinking about buying the Pioneer DJM-400. I've used it a couple times and I love the built in effects, which means I could pretty well sell my FX500 effects box. Has anyone used this mixer for an extended period of time? If so, how does the fader hold up? I am told that the effects tap button can go out.

Comments

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts
    ok, this has been done so often...

the pioneer mixers are fine especially if you want a couple of in and outputs and the effect section. the faders are also ok, but they are not as durable and precise as high end battle mixer faders (rane...)

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Pioneer sounds like trash. Vestax isn't too hot but it can be acceptable. Don't get into a Numark or a Stanton. Don't fuck with any of those companies, really. You want to go with either a Rane, Allen & Heath, Ecler, or Rodec. Maybe a Mackie, though they are still unproven in the DJ mixer realm. They are good companies with solid warranties, great sound quality, and very durable.

I've got a Rane 57 that I just upgraded from a 52 and I love it. Having ScratchLive integrated and in the box is great, and the effects are top notch. Perfect for digitizing vinyl as well.