Biz and Redman freestyle. I have a ???

Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.konstantkontact.com/audio_files/bizandredfreestyle.mp3At some point I was talking to Joe Quixx about old wake up show tapes I had and he mentioned a Biz and Redman freestyle. He said he was the one djing. I was always under the impression that it was the freestyle over impeach the president. Now on Stretch Armstrong's blog he's got the audio and says it's from a Long Island radio show. Maybe I imagined that whole thing with Joe Quixx, but I can remember standing in the hip hop section of the Berkeley Amoeba in 1999 or 2000 talking to him about it. Maybe he meant another freestyle. Maybe Stretch is unclear about it. he doesn't mention what radio show it's from, so maybe he's wrong. Anybody have the answer? Where did this come from. If it's 1990 it does make sense for it to be in NY. Maybe Joe Quixx was talking about another freestyle session with Biz and Redman. Does anyone know of this one?

Comments

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts
    I have no idea where it was recorded, but all I know is that I have it in a much better quality from a Tape King mixtape from the mid 90's.

• Imperial_MaoImperial_Mao 1,119 Posts
    I have no idea where it was recorded, but all I know is that I have it in a much better quality from a Tape King mixtape from the mid 90's.

Nice one!!! The improvement in quality is

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    "snausages and liver snaps"

and

"lifestyles of the rich and famous of the anus"

huh?

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    My guess would be some station in Queens, or maybe Stretch was right about L.I. and Biz thought he was in Queens? What was with all that "I'm chillin' in Queens" with the crowd cheering? Unless it's just some Juice Crew reference/shout out.

Thanks for posting this btw.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    yeah, I've had this on a Biz bootleg vinyl ep since high school, but I never knew what it was from. I guess i never questioned it. It's on the Biz bootleg with benny and the jets, biz djing on one side, etc. That audio clip has an extra Redman verse that's not on the bootleg.

That bootleg has him djing and he sings on top of the songs, replacing the choruses. The best part and the most quotable for me and my friends is the "I don't eat no fur burgers!" line

• I have no idea where it was recorded, but all I know is that I have it in a much better quality from a Tape King mixtape from the mid 90's.

Yo I didn't know that was your site. Huge props on that. It may be my favorite site I've been checking it since day one. Thanks for all the stuff you put up.

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    yeah, that is a good site.

• prof_rockwellprof_rockwell 2,867 Posts
    yeah, I've had this on a Biz bootleg vinyl ep since high school, but I never knew what it was from. I guess i never questioned it. It's on the Biz bootleg with benny and the jets, biz djing on one side, etc. That audio clip has an extra Redman verse that's not on the bootleg.

http://www.soulstrut.com/reviews/review/review_insert.php?item_id=1960

• SLurgSLurg 446 Posts

Yo I didn't know that was your site. Huge props on that. It may be my favorite site I've been checking it since day one. Thanks for all the stuff you put up.
    Thanks a lot for the compliment, I appreciate !