back to Watch-strut

mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I've been trying to chase down this vintage Omega but 1) feel like going eBay is going to be $$$ but 2) I don't know what the best way to pursue an affordable vintage watch would be. I figure someone has skills for digging beyond just records - any basic suggestions? Would jewelry stores be cheaper than eBay?

Comments

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Craig's List? Maybe.

• http://www.alanfurman.com/noframes/omega1.html#om_planetocean

Go the ebay way, just make sure it's legit. I've got this same omega shown with the orange band on the oversize blowup picture. I've never found that you get a hot watch cheap. Lemmie know where i'm a bit of a watch fiend. Cost me two weeks pay! Fukit though it's

• So, it's impossible to get an Air King Rolex for less than 3 gr?

I remember seeing Air Kings back in 90s for ~1500...What happened?

I've got a few Tags so I'm trying to upgrade...Omega, Rolex, but not bling...just classic looking

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    o, here's the ultimate in vintage american. viet nam era military issued general purpose watch by hamilton mil-w-46374 you have to wind it up.

peace, stein. . .

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I dig that, Stein.

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
    I've had various Rolex's over the years, an omega, Locman etc. Currently rocking a digital Arnette (Crap) but I just like the look it has. Got a Rolex "Daytona" on order. Yee!

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    I dig that, Stein.

yeah. i consider that to be the technics 1200 of affordable watches. it's also rated in GQ magazines top ten american fashion accessories that will never go out of style. peace, stein. . .

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    o, here's the ultimate in vintage american. viet nam era military issued general purpose watch by hamilton mil-w-46374 you have to wind it up.

peace, stein. . .

rugged analog style. i can dig it.

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    Hamilton got some nice watches. I got this one last week, Hamilton khaki navy gmt.

Ebay prices ain't that bad compared to what you'd have to pay in europe.

O-Dub: check this omega forum for more tips: http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=threadt&frm_id=25

Reputable discount watches, much cheaper but w/o standard warranty:
    http://www.glooks.com/watches/omega.asp

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Definitely check the buy/sell forums at sites like Timezone, Military Watch Resource , and WatchUSeek, the people there are generally trustworthy (but do your research) and some good deals can be had.

This is my current watch, but I'd really like to save up for a Bell & Ross chrono as a treat some time soon:

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Mr. Bush normally wears a $50 Timex.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,890 Posts
    A DJ I knew in Houston had a really nice watch on at the radio station one day. Someone asked about the watch and he said that an older lady he was dating gave it to him. He said "I keep a lickin' and it keeps on tickin'".