50 Shows of If It Rotates!

SooksSooks 714 Posts
edited June 2007 in Announcements
They said it couldn't be done... but it's been more than a year now, and this is the 50th episode of the If It Rotates podcast, and we're still going strong. Thanks to all the loyal listeners who write in with comments and suggestions, they're all welcome, and thanks to the (now defunct) internet radio station Radio Nuclear for hosting the show in the early days. Now as a stand-alone podcast, I'm going to keep bringing the funk for as long as people keep listening.This 50th show is a straight up party - the opening set goes from 1966 to 1983, from classic Motown to boogie, from Dennis Coffey to Zapp, from soul to rap. The second half has some sweet latin, some revolutionary talk, and some early Brazillian music. All over the map, just the way we do things here. Thanks for tuning in to the first 50 shows, now let's get ready for the next 50. IF IT ROTATES Smokey Robinson and the Miracles - Whole Lot of Shakin' In My Heart (Since I Met You)Stevie Wonder - Baby Don't You Do ItIke and Tina Turner - Bold Soul SisterDennis Coffey and the Lyman Woodard Trio - It's Your Thing20th Century Steel Band - Heaven and Hell is On EarthDayton - The Sound of MusicZapp - Dance FloorSugardaddy - One More Timethe Fatback Band - The JointOrquestra Dee Jay - Ye Ma Yathe Afro Latin Soultet - Afro FreakoutEugene McDaniels - Unspoken Dreams of LightWanda de Sah - O Morro

Comments

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    just a mid-week bump....

• SooksSooks 714 Posts
    Next show now up - good stuff, too! That Pharaoh Sanders tune is AMAZING...

IF IT ROTATES

Zanini - A Quoi Tu Joues
    Claudia - So Que Deram...
    Francis Lai - Radio Music
    Roberto Carlos - Nao Vou Ficar
    The 8th Day - She's Not Just Another Woman
    Bob and Marcia - Young, Gifted and Black
    Frank Foster - The Loud Minority
    Pharoah Sanders - You've Got to Have Freedom
    Milton Nascimento - O Trem Azul
    Al Green - I'm Glad You're Mine