Microwave Slowdown (Windows R)

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Ok, so Im a couple hours away from my microwave's maiden voyage outside the comfy confines of my living room. I made a crate for the gig last night, and I've been organizing a little set. Last night I noticed some slowdown, which I attributed to the fact that I'd been sleeping my computer and hadnt restarted in a while. It was most noticeable when I minimized the program (audio hiccup) or even a quick pause on screen when dropping a cue point. I did recently upgrade to the latest version, but a restart did not seem to clear up the problem and I recently saw some USB warning light along the top of the screen? Anyone got any insight into whats happening, preferably by 3pm EST, when I leave for this gig....

Comments

• -make sure Microwave is the only program you got running, no other startup/weatherbug type applications are going on.
    -try upping your USB buffer setting a little
    -if you are having USB dropout problems try a different USB port
    -www.scratchlive.net/forums

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    Microwave runs much smoother off an external drive. are you running independent of the system?

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    thanks guys, the usb buffer ended up solving the problem. Maiden voyage went well, except for the spots techno mixer with seemingly infinite fader curve ruled out any cutting. Delay, I do use an external drive. Also, Goddamn gettin everything wired up quick on the fly is a pain in the ass.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Microwave runs much smoother off an external drive. are you running independent of the system?

If your hard drive is clean, the internal drive has much faster read / write speeds than any external.

IDE BUS > Firewire > USB.

Keep a clean hard drive and use the external as backup.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Question for those of you who use Sir Otto with external drives: do you use crates, too, or just folders? I can NOT get it to work with crates on my external. I click on IMPORT and I can see, for example, BayRap.crate, but I can't see anything IN the crate. Help!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Question for those of you who use Sir Otto with external drives: do you use crates, too, or just folders? I can NOT get it to work with crates on my external. I click on IMPORT and I can see, for example, BayRap.crate, but I can't see anything IN the crate. Help!

You should only have to import your tracks once. S3rato creates a folder in the root of your drive with crate information. Personally I have everything organized by genre in folders, then I import everything and create more specific crates of records that work well together in S3rato.

You should only have to plug in your drive to see your crates once you've done the above.

• keithvanhornkeithvanhorn 3,855 Posts

you have to open up your hidden Microwave files on your computer and delete all your subcrates if the crates were created before version 1.4.