Soul Train Footage req (Sequins related)

pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
I was researching one of my favorite girl groups, and found out that The Sequins performed once on Soul Train? Anyone know details (date etc). Specifically, I'd love to track down this footage. I know there are those japanese based Soul Train bootlegs, but I don't know where to start looking for a specific volume, let alone which one.Any help would be appreciated.-pj

Comments

• DrJoelDrJoel 932 Posts
    Semi-related...Soul train is on my TV sometime in the late night. I have the most basic cable setup so it's on one of those dollar bin stations. Caught Minnie Ripperton on there a few nights ago. Don't know if there's anyway to check listings to see who's performing ahead of time or anything.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    it was on tv in florida when I went to visit my folks, and there was some crazy rick james inspired men in body leatards with sequined cod-piece beaded hair platform boots action going on.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts

I was researching one of my favorite girl groups, and found out that The Sequins performed once on Soul Train? Anyone know details (date etc). Specifically, I'd love to track down this footage.

There is a complete Soul Train episode guide on TV.Com, and here it is:
    http://www.tv.com/soul-train/show/7494/episode_listings.html?season=1&tag=nav_bar;1

However...as you can see, looking at all the episodes through 1973 (which I think is when they broke up), there is no listing for the Sequins.

They were probably on the CHICAGO Soul Train, which aired on WCIU-TV from 1970 to approx. 1976 and had a lot of lesser-known local acts on the program like the Majestic Arrows and Pam Colquitt.

From what I understand, none of the Chicago Soul Train episodes survive. (Although I wish somebody would prove me wrong!)

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts

They were probably on the CHICAGO Soul Train, which aired on WCIU-TV from 1970 to approx. 1976 and had a lot of lesser-known local acts on the program like the Majestic Arrows and Pam Colquitt.

From what I understand, none of the Chicago Soul Train episodes survive. (Although I wish somebody would prove me wrong!)

ahhhh, that explains my trouble......

"Which led to the trio's appearance on a pre-nationally syndicated Soul Train with Don Cornelius on WCIU-TV channel 26 (sponsored by Joe Louis Milk)." (from allmusic.com).

Dam......well if anyone has footage from those early shows, I am sure there are plenty of people that would be interested!!!

thanks for the info.

-pj

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    Semi-related...Soul train is on my TV sometime in the late night.

yeah I've seen them on the Detroit PBS station before.