Private Holy Grial Funk/Gospel

VinylFiend85VinylFiend85 1 Post
edited June 2007 in Vinyl Wants / Trades
I have a near mint copy of King James Version-The First Time We Met on ABC Peacock, everyone that knows this record know its pretty much the funkiest and most in demand gospel record ever put out. I have had this record for over 5 years and kept it in prestine condition, I am now looking to trade. I would like to do a one for one trade, but if anyone has an offer they think I might be interested in, let me know. I am looking for private or holygrail funk and/or funky pysch or Latin. Catch a once in a lifetime chance to trade for this record you would never find in stores or pay upwards of 350 dollars on the bay. Get at me!

Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I have a near mint copy of King James Version-The First Time We Met on ABC Peacock, everyone that knows this record know its pretty much the funkiest and most in demand gospel record ever put out.

HA HA HA HA HA!

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    I have a near mint copy of King James Version-The First Time We Met on ABC Peacock, everyone that knows this record know its pretty much the funkiest and most in demand gospel record ever put out.

HA HA HA HA HA!

whats up with your boy jon? really what are you teaching your kids?

• francislaifrancislai 371 Posts
    why is the king james version going for loot now???
    yes i understand that gospel soul/funk is in vogue, but this record? grail?

masonic wonders "i call him" went for $25 on ebay AFTER getting mad exposure on the Numero comp. for my money that song is $400 better than any tune on the KJV.

sorry for propagating the hate on your thread dude! just that this (grail) is a serious ass burner to anyone (me) who has sold it on ebay in the past for $20-30 large.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    Dude... Tom, there is no need to feel guilty. I mean, anyone who has actually HEARD the record knows what's on it... knows that Gloster Williams cut much better records... and knows that those prices are insane. It's a big record in Japan I think.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    why is the king james version going for loot now???
    yes i understand that gospel soul/funk is in vogue, but this record? grail?

masonic wonders "i call him" went for $25 on ebay AFTER getting mad exposure on the Numero comp. for my money that song is $400 better than any tune on the KJV.

sorry for propagating the hate on your thread dude! just that this (grail) is a serious ass burner to anyone (me) who has sold it on ebay in the past for $20-30 large.

Saw your 12" at Amoeba this week.

I celebrate your entire catalogue

and Yes I'll take any Salem Travellers over the King James Version

Dude... Tom, there is no need to feel guilty. I mean, anyone who has actually HEARD the record knows what's on it... knows that Gloster Williams cut much better records... and knows that those prices are insane. It's a big record in Japan I think.

i have 45s that stand up better than the whole KJ lp. its a nice record but labeling it a funk holy grial is just for kids who dont know anything yet. rather they only know what theyre told or what they see online. no real world digger would write a newbie comment like that.

...ummm.. thanks jon for my copy...

• Rob_SevierRob_Sevier 150 Posts
    rather they only know what theyre told or what they see in Shuga auctions[/b]

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    I wonder if this Grial has the Sleve?

• rather they only know what theyre told or what they see in Shuga auctions[/b]

how many years will shuga be trying to sell the boscoe promo and saying someone is semi interested in it. we're all interested, but not at 1,500

• SoulhawkSoulhawk 3,197 Posts
    inflated values aside( in the past I priced this record at a whopping $8 - no doubt making the dealer who bought it very happy) the KJV ABC lp is pretty good - I like that first song - I was told it was sampled in a Japanese rap hit???

& yeah it's better than the Masonic Wonders, sorry.

---

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts

OFFERS

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts

OFFERS

haha.

i actually just bought a sealed one of those.

is there anything on it?

or are the beats so elusive, you cannot find them.

p.s. I love the Gloster Williams LP... all hating due to inflated prices aside... it's a really beautiful album...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Almost a one tracker - DISCO FUNK BONGO BREAKS

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    ABC/Peacock = "private" now?

obviously you are not up on your privates.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

obviously you are not up on your privates.

This is rife with zing opportunities...

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Take your mouth off his Peacock.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    For example