price czech? what to offer for these 45s?

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
ive got a little stack of 45s on hold with a guy who doesnt know what to charge me because they "arent in any of the books". Im basically supposed to make him a fair offer (were on good terms so i do want to be fair). i dont want to get screwed or vice versa. i did the usual popsike/ebay searchings but these are still eluding me:The Sensations - i wont be hurt b/w get on up mama on Way Out.(now, i know their other one on Way Out, "demanding man", is HUGE $$, but this aint that - so is it a $2, $20, or $200 45??? or...????'get on up mama' reminds me of the j.brown one where bobby byrd says "get on up" a lot, but its not that - probably influenced by it though.The Springers - "last heartbreak" b/w "why" on Way Outi saw another title of theirs on this label at $100, but cant find mention of this one.The Chevelles "Gallop" b/w Gloria Walker "talkin about my baby" on Flaming Arrow....i know that this is the same chevelles as the mighty chevelles, and that most of the 45s are 'Gloria Walker AND the chevelles', and those seem to go for $25 - $50 depending on the title, but this particular one aint showing up anywhere...The Masqueraders - "love peace + understanding" b/w tell me you love me" on AGPi found mention of another of theirs on AGP that went for $30, but not this one.thanks for any info you got... (or PM if you'd rather)

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    sensations - $20 or less
    springers - $20 or less
    chevelles - $15 or less
    masqueraders - $15 or less

the value is the high end for me. id try to ask $7 a piece or between 30-35 for the four.

• karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
    many thanks. your data clicks with another strutter's opinions..so thats called a consensus!

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

The Chevelles "Gallop" b/w Gloria Walker "talkin about my baby" on Flaming Arrow.
    ...i know that this is the same chevelles as the mighty chevelles, and that most of the 45s are 'Gloria Walker AND the chevelles', and those seem to go for $25 - $50 depending on the title, but this particular one aint showing up anywhere...

This is by far the easiest 45 on Flaming Arrow to find - not sure what
    went wrong in your searching, but there are store stock on eBay for $10,
    and I wouldn't offer more than that for an unplayed copy.