Everyday People appreciation

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Sure, they sound a lot like Kool and the Gang. Sure, the dude who made the album produced the Kool and the Gang albums but seriously, if you have heard this lp you know how good it is. I found it in my room yesterday and put it on the turntable, seriously, its amazing. Dont lie, you know how good it is. If you say its not good your simply illegal.

Comments

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Smooth how they did a remake of "I Like What I Like" by the OTHER, Caucasian Everyday People after that band had broken up ("I Like" was a early disco staple that lingered for a couple of years, but since the white E.P. wasn't around to capitalize, the black E.P. just swooped right in).

As far as the Kool & the Gang resemblance...seems like every other funk band on De-Lite and it's subsidiaries (like Red Coach) had that Koolish sound, including the Kay-Gees (who included Kool's brother). At one point, the label even read "The New York Sound," like they were trying to create a Berry Gordy-ish empire.

• FlomotionFlomotion 2,390 Posts
    Tepid record. One tracker and only just.

• troublemantroubleman 1,928 Posts
    I like this record. A nice mix of slower songs and uptempo funky ones. The title track "everyday people" is my fav. but the cover of "superwoman" and "funky granny" are a close second.

• catalistcatalist 1,373 Posts
    Just found this record for $2 . WELL WORTH It.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

Pretty much... but the Everyday People that did the track World Full of People is

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts

Pretty much... but the Everyday People that did the track World Full of People is

Ferrari dropping mucho knowledgio on the SupaPosta azzzzzzzz.

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

...the Everyday People that did the tracks World Full of People "Super Black" b/w "Everyday People" is

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Which Everyday People are we talking about?

I'm about to acquire an LP by this group on Paramount.

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts

Don't

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    "I Like What I Like" by the OTHER, Caucasian Everyday People

That song's the shit.

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    LOL.true that

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts

Don't

Damnit - isn't this the group that do 'I like what I like' and yeah... I kinda like that number.

• pickwick33pickwick33 8,946 Posts
    Which Everyday People are we talking about?

The black funk group on the Red Coach label.

That's the white rock band, from Canada. Now THAT album is the real one-tracker ("I Like What I Like," also covered by the same-name funk band), but worth keeping for that song. In my opinion.

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Which Everyday People are the one on People?

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

• BreakSelfBreakSelf 2,925 Posts

The group that did "You can see the world"? The Paramount group maybe? I have no idea really.

Everyday People must have been one of the more popular group names of the time a la the Majestics, Fugitives, etc.

Other labels housing Everyday People:

Brooks
    LBJ
    Forte
    GRT
    And presumably many more.

Dante has one of very few copies of the Forte single, and that shit SMOKES.