Just found at least 500 of my records destroyed

DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Yes, it's getting nice out etc. and I have decided to get the last remaining coulpe of thousand records out of my house and into storage. I started this task to discover that all the ones on the bottom row of shelving have been destroyed by the heater! Now I knew the heater was there and I have never ever turned it on, not once since I have lived here in 8 years. I have a nice space heater I use for the room. With that being said I can pretty much point the finger at my EX who probably turned the heater on when I wasn't home or out of town. That's the only explanation. At least they weren't records that were super duper uber rare or meant a whole lot to me. There was still some heatery in there (no pun intended) that was destroyed. Oh well, can't cry over spilt milk, just get another bottle! 90% of my reggae collection was damaged and going into the trash today!

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    Yes, it's getting nice out etc. and I have decided to get the last remaining coulpe of thousand records out of my house and into storage. I started this task to discover that all the ones on the bottom row of shelving have been destroyed by the heater! Now I knew the heater was there and I have never ever turned it on, not once since I have lived here in 8 years. I have a nice space heater I use for the room. With that being said I can pretty much point the finger at my EX who probably turned the heater on when I wasn't home or out of town. That's the only explanation. At least they weren't records that were super duper uber rare or meant a whole lot to me. There was still some heatery in there (no pun intended) that was destroyed. Oh well, can't cry over spilt milk, just get another bottle! 90% of my reggae collection was damaged and going into the trash today!

sell them on ebay as VG++++++

• youngEINSTEINyoungEINSTEIN 2,443 Posts
    keep your head up. you have renters insurance? peace, stein. . .

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

sell them on ebay as VG++++++

Ha-cha!

Seriously, that's painful to read.

• stop_33stop_33 365 Posts
    90% of my reggae collection was damaged and going into the trash today!

god preme. fuck...
    i can hear cpeetz's car tires squealing out as he attempts to beat the garbage man to the warped reggae stash... lol... sup xian???

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    Fuck an ex
    that mega sucks but at least you can shop for new reggae which will be fun-

calling coffin joe/mr t

and don't forget johnny paycheck can de warp them warped lps

No Matter What ...you still have one of the sickest collections of rare music on the planet that must
    take the sting out a lickle?

• djkingottodjkingotto 1,704 Posts
    wack d. though 500 for you is a drop in the bucket, its a bucket you don't want to lose drops out of... why do your exes always want to destroy your shit?

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    I know a dude that's got major reggae heat.

Goes by the name "Kevin" and he lives in Canada.

PM me.

• 90% of my reggae collection was damaged and going into the trash today!

Please tell me the Nairobi Sisters and Sister Nancy records are ok?

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    Sell the warped stuff to Bop Street

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    thats really bad news,hopefully you can salvage some of them by trying dewarping techniques.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    Sell the warped stuff to Bop Street

The owner (Bob?) will keep the lot in his "stash room" or try to sell the covers for $30. Watch.

• MurdockMurdock 542 Posts
    god preme. fuck...
    i can hear cpeetz's car tires squealing out as he attempts to beat the garbage man to the warped reggae stash... lol... sup xian???

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Hilarious K. That's exactly what I was thinking. Peetz is an animal. One time, he beat up a bum who stole his Trinity LP... True Story.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    90% of my reggae collection was damaged and going into the trash today!

god preme. fuck...

That's a damn shame Preme. My condolences. Sip the Volvo wagon couldn't make it's tires squeal even when it was brand new 15 years ago.

• cpeetzcpeetz 2,112 Posts
    god preme. fuck...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

Hilarious K. That's exactly what I was thinking. Peetz is an animal. One time, he beat up a bum who stole his Trinity LP... True Story.

I didn't lay a hand on 'ol bummy styles, I just made him confess and give me the key
    to the apartment in my old building were he was staying with some crazy chick down the hall.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    Perhaps the heater helped the 45's sound better than they ever did.