Emergency MP3 request (wedding related)

meshmesh 925 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
got a wedding tonight and i CAN NOT find these 2 songs yet. they are not at the itunes store, or napster. i have googled them, but nothing solid comes up.i dont know anything about soulseek, and i dont know if its mac friendly or not?but anyways, if there are any wedding dj dudes who may have either of these songs, i owe you big time:adam sandler "grow old with you"celine dion "because you loved me"you would think they would be easy to find, right?

Comments

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    never mind on this, i didnt actually think anyone here would have those songs(especially the celine) and if they did, i didnt think they would own up to it. i have to buy the fuckin greatest hits cd of hers to get that damn song. $18! weaksauce.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    check pm for a link to the sandler. i had it for a wedding a few weeks back as well.

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    thanks for the help everyone, yall saved me some money.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    My friend played and sang that Adam Sandler song to his wife at their wedding. Brang a tear to me eye... haha

phew, glad you didn't spend 18 bucks on Celine Dion. do you not have used record stores near you or somethin?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Dude your the fucking loser who doesn't have a copy of Celine Dion and Adam Sandler that plays. What's your fucking problem it was an honest question. I even said I'm not trying to start shit I'm just wondering why you can't do your gig with out this. PLus, what kinda fucking loser just expects someone else to do all the work for him and send him and MP3 hours before a gig. And most importantly what kind of fucking loser plays a last minute MP3 at a gig? You...... the one with no fucking decent recods. Don't fuck with me.

• haha...that's what I thought of! MP3 requesters: beware the hateration of certain lil duds!

Who was it who busted yer balls on that?

Digging the location, BTW...

(first time my quote has made a loc?)

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    Dude your the fucking loser who doesn't have a copy of Celine Dion and Adam Sandler that plays. What's your fucking problem it was an honest question. I even said I'm not trying to start shit I'm just wondering why you can't do your gig with out this. PLus, what kinda fucking loser just expects someone else to do all the work for him and send him and MP3 hours before a gig. And most importantly what kind of fucking loser plays a last minute MP3 at a gig? You...... the one with no fucking decent recods. Don't fuck with me.

whoa, where did that come from? i am guessing that is coming from another post?

i mean, sorry dude, i have been out of town on work for a month and a half and havent really had any time to find celine dion and adam sandler records. i thought i would toss this up here as a last ditch effort, and thankfully i got some much needed help. i have never really asked for much on this forum and i feel like i have helped out a few others on this site more than i have asked for help in return.

i am going to assume that you are just quoting somebody else and poking fun at them unless you really direct that at me in a more formal matter.

again, thanks to those who helped me, my first wedding gig went really well. not that i am looking forward to doing more, but i just like to do things well and be proud of my work. i feel like i can do just that, and i would not have been able to without some help from you all.

• just quoting somebody else and poking fun at them

Yeah, some cat came sideways at Cosmo for requesting some song...out of the blue.

I think it's awesome that we can help each other out in a bind, I actually have the Adam Sandler on CD and would have hooked you up if someone had not beat me to it.
    I do have several wedding themed cd's compiled if this ever comes up again, y'all feel free to hit me up for tunes.

Some folks came through in the clutch for one of my recent wedding gigs too...sharestrut in full effect!

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    just quoting somebody else and poking fun at them

Yeah, some cat came sideways at Cosmo for requesting some song...out of the blue.

I think it's awesome that we can help each other out in a bind, I actually have the Adam Sandler on CD and would have hooked you up if someone had not beat me to it.
    I do have several wedding themed cd's compiled if this ever comes up again, y'all feel free to hit me up for tunes.

Some folks came through in the clutch for one of my recent wedding gigs too...sharestrut in full effect!

word, thats what i figured.

• johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
    word, thats what i figured.

The post in question:
    http://soulstrut.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=crates&Number=328712

• meshmesh 925 Posts
    well damn, that was kinda funny. yeah, i figured that was coming from nowhere so it had to be something like that. i really dont see why anyone would care about hooking someone up for an mp3 for a gig. oh well.