Lupe Fiasco's business partner gets 44 years.

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,916 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
Presumably for possession with the intent to distribute heroin. Now, I had some friends back in the day who landed themselves a deal with WEA on the back of two self-released singles that they paid for with money from drug sales, and there must be scores of examples of people financing recording careers in similar ways. Yet it seems to be bigger news when it involves a rapper. I can't quite work out why that is though.

Comments

• hmmm..anyone familiar with dope in Chicago probably knows about the color coded heroin packaging(yellow taped packaged dope on the Westside seems to be everywhere)...makes you wonder if ol' Lupe had us all fooled. hmmm?

>>>>

In the recorded conversations, Patton and Fiasco discuss splitting up "whole yellow'' and "whole red'' ones.
    A prosecution witness directly involved in Patton's drug operation testified the colors referred to the mixing and prepping of $10 heroin packets. Fiasco, testifying for the defense, said they referred to mixing and prepping of music tracks. He denied any involvement in drugs.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

In the recorded conversations, Patton and Fiasco discuss splitting up "whole yellow'' and "whole red'' ones.
    A prosecution witness directly involved in Patton's drug operation testified the colors referred to the mixing and prepping of $10 heroin packets. Fiasco, testifying for the defense, said they referred to mixing and prepping of music tracks[/b] . He denied any involvement in drugs.

yeah who is he kidding with this?

• street_muzikstreet_muzik 3,919 Posts

A prosecution witness directly involved in Patton's drug operation testified the colors referred to the mixing and prepping of $10 heroin packets. Fiasco, testifying for the defense, said they referred to mixing and prepping of music tracks[/b] . He denied any involvement in drugs.

yeah who is he kidding with this?

Right? I would have at least said hoodies and kicks.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    in chicago music biz i feel like this is not terribly shocking

the dudes who released the cha cha slide got into some big shit a couple years back right?

• kalakala 3,361 Posts
    6 keys =44 years

no fucking joke

think of all the broken families,ruined lives,shootouts,drive by shootings ,non taxed money and bad karma that goes along with 6 keys of skag

fuck lupe for tryin to come off all clean and muslim like and drug free
    bitch knew full well what his homie was doin to finance his ass
    lupe -hip hop poser bitch

lupe -hip hop poser bitch

Why do you think the Feds have combing hip hop Industry with a microscope for the past ten years?

so you're saying the cops are justified in going after rappers specifically?

:5pager:

No, But the FEDS are like Rats. They after the Cheese. Plus the kind of People that become feds probably don't want to see Blacks gettin payed all crazy.

[goading] what about the Black dudes that are feds? [/goading]

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts

No, But the FEDS are like Rats. They after the Cheese. Plus the kind of People that become feds probably don't want to see Blacks gettin payed all crazy.

[goading] what about the Black dudes that are feds? [/goading]

Gainfully employed Black folks.They'll do what there told
    '

BLACKS FOLKS WITH LEGAL JOBS=SELL OUTS TO THE MAN!

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    you missed my sarcasm Young Philly.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    in chicago music biz i feel like this is not terribly shocking

That the Record biz in every city, Cannon. Especially (but MOST Defintively NOT exclusively!!) Hip Hop. Check the story of Frankie Smith's "Double Dutch Bus" Back in the late 70's. Let's not even talk about all your favorite record labels (Cold Chillin, Death Row[/b], Rap-a-lot, Cash Money, No Limit , Ruff Ryders ,Roc-a-fella, Bad Boy, etc ). Why do you think the Feds have combing hip hop Industry with a microscope for the past ten years?

Suge didn't really make the loot to start up the label with drug money.
    He just fucked up Vanilla Ice for it.

Tho, I'm sure Suge probably does owe some money to HarryO.

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    the dudes who released the cha cha slide got into some big shit a couple years back right?

Casper? Seriously?

• magpaulmagpaul 1,314 Posts
    you wouldn't of guessed that Latt?? Fiasco was on some Avon Barksdale shit. I don't think he ever really distanced himself from drug-dealing (Kick Push for example) that being said he is a preach-y moral-high-ground-having emcee so for him to be involved with flooding his own community with heroin whilst rapping about saving the hood is ridicolous.

• Latt?? Fiasco

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Check the story of Frankie Smith's "Double Dutch Bus" Back in the late 70's.

Pardon me for needing a late pass, but what's story behind "Double Dutch Bus"?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Check the story of Frankie Smith's "Double Dutch Bus" Back in the late 70's.

Pardon me for needing a late pass, but what's story behind "Double Dutch Bus"?

Philly's Larry Lavin was a big time coke dealer in the early 80s. He was a dentist by day and dealer by night. He laundered some drug money in WMOT which ultimately was enough to make Double Dutch a hit. When WMOT mystreiously went bankrupt, the IRS got suspicious and traced the dough to Lavin.

Check out the book Dr. Dealer.