BK 6/22 - THA BUDOS BAND

PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
edited June 2007 in Announcements
It's been 5 months since the last one but it's almost like a homecoming at The Lucky Cat. www.theluckycat.com/directions.html10:30pm. $5. Daptone Super Soul Super DJs. plus me somewhere, probably controlling the horns and maybe throwing on some rackords here and there.This is about the closest you will get to the full frontal assault that is the Budos live on stage.Playing mostly stuff from their forthcoming LP, titled "II"

Comments

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    The new album rawks. Kudos to Budos.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Myspace..
    http://myspace.com/budosband

Flayer..

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    beump. If you are in the NYC area, this is the place to see them. Atmosphere is on point. DJs are great. Cover is cheap.

Edit: font combo designed to keep strutters at bay So far 99% effective. Folks are really missing out on some classic gigs though.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    Bump. 2nite.

• DJPrestigeDJPrestige 1,710 Posts
    ayo. bump this. bring a sale pile of vinyl.

• maocontentmaocontent 559 Posts
    I had to split on the early side, but the band was last night. Nice turnout too. (And the venue serves quality grub to boot! Who knew? Obviously not I who rarely ventures out.) Anyways, good stuff all around.

upbeat cover of "my girl" was .

did yoigotbeats approach the DJ booth and hand us a 45 to play? garcia vega where you at? nice to see you and M**k out. get your asses down to asbury for a 45 sessions.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    I had to split on the early side, but the band was

Hey, didn't spot you but thanks for making it. Always a great atmosphere when they play.

Start:

10 mins later:

Crowd:

distorted audio taste
    http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v515/djprestige/?action=view&current=MVI_0805-1.flv

Prestige's pics. Props to him, Marc, GV, Georges? (I think), plus all the other dudes. Lowpoint: finding ice cubes in my 45 case, need to clean some mixed drinks off my records today

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    garcia vega where you at?

I am internet-less at home, so only in the work week do I get to come and play.
    Good to see you Prestige, thanks for the Flea Market Funk cd, its really good! Was playing it last night and the kids were straight jamming.
    Sport, thanks for hosting, a good time as always. Am I still down for the 3rd VBC show?
    To the dude who trusted me at the door to come back and pay the cover, two pieces of advice, first, always, always, have change ready; second, never ever trust someone you just met in NYC.

• PATXPATX 2,820 Posts
    never ever trust someone you just met in NYC.

He's from Chicago. Fresh of the boat. also, things went unexpectedly because lots of people were new to the Budos and thought that 10pm on Myspace meant 10pm show... now they know it means 11:30 if you're lucky. Anyway, doorman got there a bit late and changeless.

Yeah, bring discos para bailar on the 3rd. 10pm!

glad you liked the CD GV, plenty more where that came from. don't be a stranger, come and hang in Ap sometime for sure. you'll see my face a little more when SC gets me back there. i love DJing that place. i'll bring some more Soul for ya on the little records.