Week...end? day? (6/3+) FINDS and such...

karlophonekarlophone 1,697 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
couldnt find the re-cycled weekend finds thread, and tomorrows a weekday anyway, so what the hell. anyway, records! found! some! good! some! goofy!^^the 'hollers..' soundtrack isnt much, but its ok Tower label stuff with some fair instrumentals. the joe jeffreys is nice genuine soul. so's freddie north. that Howl is the second cover, but still an early press, as i discovered - the Fantasy label inside is still the old school one. Lovecraft = HP Lovecraft on 3rd album due to HP lovecraft's estate suing them. did u know: yarbrough is the hobbit's 'the greatest adventure' warble voiced singer. 'the-e-e-e-e gre-e-e-a-a-atest adve-e-e-entuu-u-ur-e-e-e..' haha. Original link wray score.^^ these are all total shit. ^^ i am a sucker for childrens records. what is up with Fred looking all unsure.^^ BEST COVER EVAR. so many style questions. Why the secret? maybe they secretly meet up and pretend to pose for LL Bean catalogs to each other. HOT.buncha 45's. good tunes, plus a not easy to locate cars pic disc.

Comments

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    finally got one...about fuckin' time...hard booger to get my hands on...

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Those Mercy & Crazy Elephant 45s are surprisingly cool.

• hammertimehammertime 2,389 Posts
    i'll take that Cake LP off your hands.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    That Bayete and Free Design or both dope.

• Found a pair of these at Salvation Army for 20 bucks....cleaned em' up and they look like new.

They are in my music room.

• Those things make me think of sittin back with a snifter and get nice n cozy with some good tunes.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts

^^ BEST COVER EVAR. so many style questions. Why the secret? maybe they secretly
    meet up and pretend to pose for LL Bean catalogs to each other. HOT.

That's awesome man. That's like some Lakeside distant memory sentimental ponderings or some shit.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

^^^FOREIGN

MORE
    HOT
    PIX
    SOON

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

Now I will just throw it in storage with my Fender Rhodes and Space Echo, Q Tron box, etc.

^^^FOREIGN

MORE
    HOT
    PIX
    SOON

That angle gives me a boner.

LIKE I SAID
    YOU MUST DEAL

or make deal(s)

LIKE I SAID
    YOU MUST DEAL

or make deal(s)

My raers be toppling from the ceiling.

• DJ_PhillieDJ_Phillie 199 Posts
    21 records, 25 cents each. $5 spent...obviously one free record.

flea market finds

check it:

THE BADS: up until tonight I only found some folkways and some random stuff this weekend, meh got beat to some psych last weekend crust related, heard someone found a butcher cover and I also got beat to a little stack of beatles doo doo a girl bought some paper doll raers I was thinking of flipping, lolz sold a horace tapscott giant awakened for $30 (hindsight is 20/20, flying dutchman raer, sigh whatever)

THE GOODS:

sold some raers to the japanese (word to skader!)..and drumroll, from one buy (selected goodies, +40 more...keep in mind we don't get that much good soul/funk/jazz/blues in this town):

Lots of FOREIGN issues:

POSITIVE OUTWEIGHS NEGATIVE.

holleur for dealz
    I'll be making a set sale this week of the other stuff I got, too

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,086 Posts
    Damn good records. However, no offense, but isn't it time to dead the OMG LOLZers DEAL stuff?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    sold a horace tapscott giant awakened for $30

That sounds about right, Mark - the stuff up on popsike is really outlandish. I have had that record four or five times in the last couple years, it's not that rare, and I've never asked more than $50.

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    Some trades (Frankie Nieves and Louie Rey), one e-bay (Terra Trio), one gift (Los Reyes) and some real world finds (OG in shrink Lyman Woodard for $2):

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    these are my wifes weekend finds from three garage sales:

the indian one has some nice intros and the chinese one has one nice track and a drum break

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts

the indian one has some nice intros and the chinese one has one nice track and a drum break

That Bollywood one has the first track on either A or B side that kills, dope stuff, good garage sale find for sure.

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Couple of ebay'd gems:

This one uses the "Who's makin love" bassline:

this one has a CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY flute break. Seriously, sounds like a Beatnuts track in the making or some shit:

Found this hiding in one of my own boxes:

• pj4533pj4533 481 Posts
    Here is a clip of that Roxbury Drive break if anyone is interested:

Flute drum break

You can hear the whole track in the recent episode of my Radio Show

-pj

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    Jinx & Mylatency, nice finds

• bass_feverbass_fever 974 Posts

Now I will just throw it in storage with my Fender Rhodes and Space Echo, Q Tron box, etc.
    Yeah, mine's been collecting dust for years...Still cool to have though...

• shitzrshitzr 648 Posts
    this past weeks highlights. i got them from thrift shops and secret spots. i got a good deal on them.

small faces is a lesbian baroque synth jazz group.
    the night skool project is a music recording program at northwestern univ which did a couple of interesting boogie/modern soul tracks and was sponsored by miller brewing co.
    los blue angles is a korean devo cover band from 1968
    what's the deal with this feliciano cover? i've only seen the painting cover.
    glenn scarpelli starred in one day at a time, is gay, had a shitty voice, but did some cool boogie tracks.
    los pasteles verdes translates to "you gets no butt, dog".

• shooteralishooterali 1,591 Posts
    Some trades (Frankie Nieves and Louie Rey), one e-bay (Terra Trio), one gift (Los Reyes) and some real world finds (OG in shrink Lyman Woodard for $2):

YO, WHERE YOU FIND A $2 COPY OF LYMAN WOODARD???
    THATS !!!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

small faces is a lesbian baroque synth jazz group.

Oi, what?

• vajdaijvajdaij 447 Posts
    from trades w/ fine folks at Som Records, DC:

atomic rooster - in hearing of
    dr john - desitively bonnaroo
    curtis - give, get, take and have
    ymo mega mix 12" from japan

also got ahold of johnny hammond - forever taurus

• CosmophonicCosmophonic 1,172 Posts

What are these? Bentleymuzakraer?

- J

• crazypoprockcrazypoprock 1,037 Posts

Yeah, mine's been collecting dust for years...Still cool to have though...

dude use that shit!!!!!

i have a DX at my practice space and it's pretty nice. what is the difference...what makes the dmx better?