WEEKEND SCORES

ShingalingShingaling 877 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
LPsThanks High C!These were the last 2 I needed for the complete Otis collection! One more artist down...thousands to go.45sProfessor Longhair - Big Chief (Watch) Thanks again High C!Jimmy Hughes - You Might As Well Forget Him / Everybody Let's Dance (Fame) Mariachi soul!Exciting Legion Aires - Bye & Bye / Rain, Rain (D-Vine Spirituals) This label still hasn't let me down.Percy Mayfield - Diggin' The Moonglow (Specialty) Had the 78 for years but now I can spin this late night at the club while drunk!Ruth Brown - MAMA He Treats Your Daughter Mean (Phillips) Bought it thinking it was the version I've always heard but didn't know why it was on Phillips. It's a differnt rockin' version!Ted Taylor - Daddy's Baby (Okeh) Straight Bangin' for Ted!Ted Taylor - If It Wasn't For You (Okeh) Also bangin' for T-Money!Clerence Henry - But I Do (Argo) Some might call it ghey but I love it!

Comments

• SupergoodSupergood 1,213 Posts
    LPs

Great album! Although (I've read) this album was released posthumously from stuff left in Otis' vault, I think it holds together as a proper album really well. His cover of "You're Love Keeps Lifting Me Higher" is

SG

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts

Nice find, shing! Not to nerd out to the max, but did you score the mono copy? I have passed on a few rechanneled stereo copies of this over the years, holding out for the monos, but those are always $50-100!

Weird how the Memphis stuff seems to be the material most hurt by "fake" stereo, I have had to "mono up" most of my Sam & Dave records to get good sound quality, some of those phony stereo mixes are straight painful to listen to, like my rechanneled Otis "Sings Soul Ballads"