Comments

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    What am I wearing?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    What am I wearing?

it's not 100% clear trying to peek through your window, but it looks pretty from my vantage point

so is no one else fascinated with the ness of this Google streetview shit? or has this already been covered here? (i only look at 0.5% of SS threads so i wouldn't know.) or is everybody still sleeping off last night's alcoholic binge? all of the above?

I'M ZOOMED ALL UP INTO YOUR BUSINESS, JONNY

What is a little unsettling about it is that actually is my car - if someone's trying to jack for a beater '99 volkswagen with a rebuilt everything and two different sets of tires, man.... I'd better watch out!

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    This is gonna come in handy when I get those house calls from North Philly.

This is gonna come in handy when I get those house calls from North Philly.

I was thinking the same thing, but apparently they don't have this feature for the ghetto yet! I tried looking up several addresses and all I could get was satellite imagery.

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    so i just looked at my house. its not from today thats for sure. the van in front of my house isnt there because my wife parked out car there just 20min ago. plus i left the window open when i left for work this morning and in the pic its closed. plus the weather is different in the shot then it is here today...

weird. ill try and read the link but im curious as to when these shots are taken? like... a week or two ago? im curious cause the folks who own the van have been out of town for a week touring the socal area.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    i think the street view is a little creepy.

this is funny though and actually in my neighborhood somewhat

thats down the street from my house! hahah...

• at least give her cabfare next time, jeez jinx

at least give her cabfare next time, jeez jinx

i hollywood stop hoes so the rides dont slow me down.

sorry to bump but i had to share the wired blog post where people are submitting funny/odd/scary google street view sightings

http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2007/05/request_for_urb.html

i think i'm addicted. most of these are locations in the city i'm familiar with

spider-woman?

public urination?

headless dude?

anatomically correct robot?

give me 5

dude with a giant sneeze attack

• DjArcadianDjArcadian 3,630 Posts
    What am I wearing?

All over print.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    Pretty interesting technology they're employing capture these shots of Good Records:

http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2007/05/technology_behind_go.html

Car mounted cameras are watching you, duns.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts

somehow, somewhere, someone is trying to adapt this for IMAX and or PR0N

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    so this is just nyc & the bay right now, basically?

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    so this is just nyc & the bay right now, basically?

Currently, the Bay, NYC, Denver, Miami, and Las Vegas. And the Bay is pretty sparsely covered.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Pretty interesting technology they're employing capture these shots of Good Records:

So they drive around with this camera? Take pictures of street and that becomes a static image at gmaps? A static image that you can rotate 360? Eventually they will drive down every street in the USA with this thing? Cool, I guess.

So they drive around with this camera? Take pictures of street and that becomes a static image at gmaps? A static image that you can rotate 360? Eventually they will drive down every street in the USA with this thing? Cool, I guess.

they have a van with a camera driving the streets and then image stitch for the 360 effect
    glitches in the imaging matrix:

world's smallest porche

evil twin

printing, copying & bling

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts

they have a van with a camera driving the streets and then image stitch for the 360 effect
    glitches in the imaging matrix:

world's smallest porche

evil twin

printing, copying & bling

Bling ass indeed. That Porsche is the best thing I have seen yet.