Friday night drinkstrut

ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
The other thread got me thirsty. Soon as I get home I'm mixing up some Vanille Whaler's & Diet Coke. Also hitting up the jazz club tonight for some tapas.. I'm thinking this calls for mojitos.

Comments

• SyminSymin 999 Posts
    refer back to your crush thread
    strange and stranger.

• soulmarcosasoulmarcosa 4,296 Posts
    My homegirl's having a cookout tonight. I'm pretty sure they're making several gallons of margaritas.

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts

+

MY SUMMER DRINK OF CHOICE. if you have the means, i highly recommend trying it.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    refer back to your crush thread
    strange and stranger.

What can I say? Rum is my shit.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    Anyone have a good caipirinha recipe?

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    The other thread got me thirsty. Soon as I get home I'm mixing up some Vanille Whaler's & Diet Coke.

Also hitting up the jazz club tonight for some tapas.. I'm thinking this calls for mojitos.

You need to step up your rum game. This flavored stuff is bullshit.

Or at the very least.

I like these with tonic and grapefruit. I will also drink them on the rocks which is always nice. The Gosling black seal + Ginger Beer is really good too. A little to sweet for me but still fire.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    The Gosling black seal + Ginger Beer is really good too.

• kitchenknightkitchenknight 4,922 Posts
    Delay's drink looks hot...but, tonight it's all about this:

Here:

For This:

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    The other thread got me thirsty. Soon as I get home I'm mixing up some Vanille Whaler's & Diet Coke.

Also hitting up the jazz club tonight for some tapas.. I'm thinking this calls for mojitos.

Just about an vanilla flavoured booze is exclusively for high school students and beckys. Mojitos do not go with tapas; what you need is a nice fino sherry or amantillado, the drier the better.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    I'm drinking H2O tonight.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    That'll be $13.50 please.

• piedpiperpiedpiper 1,279 Posts

just getting drunk for a big ass drum and bass party later tonight. I know folks here believe it??s all dead, but DJ Storm is usually .

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts
    man what the fuck y'all live in Bermuda or something?

it's not even 1 PM out here.

can't start thinking about drinking until at least....1:30?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts

I got housed on these a couple nights ago at a Tapas joint in Mountain View... damn good!

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts

Don???t know if you are looking for something other than the standard, but here is what I do:

Muddle a whole small lime with 2-4 spoonfuls of turbinado sugar in the bottom of the glass, add crushed ice, then add about a shot and a half of cacha??a.

I???ve replaced the lime with clementines, satsumyas, and tangerines, to varying results. I???ll throw in some fresh sprigs of mint on occasion.

If you???ve got the cacha??a already, mix it ?? & ?? with campari for a good after dinner drink.

People who like vodka substitute it for the cacha??a, but I???m not a fan.

This evening, I???ll be drinking New Glarus beers, and strenuously avoiding the shitty beer from the former G. Heileman Brewery, whose shadow literally looms over one of the stranger Midwestern towns, La Crosse, WI. (with my apologies, in advance, to Mr. Bizzo)

What you need is a nice fino sherry or amantillado, the drier the better.

Yes

On the port tip, now that it is summer I am not really messing with the tawnys anymore, but I do have a nice Ruby Port at home that goes great in the summer slightly chilled with a twist. I need to leave work now.

• JimBeamJimBeam Seattle. 2,012 Posts
    the usual-
    3 parts:
    + 1 part:
    + 3 drops:
    on ice.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Sippin' on Miller's Gin w/ Tangerine Juice.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts

+

MY SUMMER DRINK OF CHOICE. if you have the means, i highly recommend trying it.
    this looks good.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts

Don???t know if you are looking for something other than the standard, but here is what I do:

Muddle a whole small lime with 2-4 spoonfuls of turbinado sugar in the bottom of the glass, add crushed ice, then add about a shot and a half of cacha??a.

I???ve replaced the lime with clementines, satsumyas, and tangerines, to varying results. I???ll throw in some fresh sprigs of mint on occasion.

If you???ve got the cacha??a already, mix it ?? & ?? with campari for a good after dinner drink.

People who like vodka substitute it for the cacha??a, but I???m not a fan.

This evening, I???ll be drinking New Glarus beers, and strenuously avoiding the shitty beer from the former G. Heileman Brewery, whose shadow literally looms over one of the stranger Midwestern towns, La Crosse, WI. (with my apologies, in advance, to Mr. Bizzo)

At my bar I work at I have added ginger with the tangerines and schitt. So good, and a little spicy.

I've been digging this white wine A LOT. Tomero 2006 Torrontes from Argentina.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts

my homebrew kit

boiling the wort

cooling the wort

primary fermentation

transferring to the glass carboy for secondary fermentation

secondary fermentation carboy bottle

Next week my first batch of homebrew beer will be ready to drink. I brewed 5 gallons and bottled two cases of hazelnut brown ale a week ago.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    I'm drinking H2O tonight.

me too - keeping it quiet tonight, but i do plan on burning something. tomorrow night will be a different story.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    I've been digging this white wine A LOT. Tomero 2006 Torrontes from Argentina.

Its all about Rieslings this summer.

• eliseelise 3,252 Posts
    NOTICE

A thread w/o Superpoasters input.

wow.

• ToccuDomuToccuDomu 225 Posts
    Next week my first batch of homebrew beer will be ready to drink. I brewed 5 gallons and bottled two cases of hazelnut brown ale a week ago.

Looks like a Partial-Mash process?

I'm sitting on a batch of irish stout and a second batch of Watney's Clone that are just not very appetizing when the mercury rises high in the thermometer.

I've found using ice to cool your wort is faster than the wort chillers.

Quite a fun hobby.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts
    NOTICE

A thread w/o Superpoasters input.

wow.

Haha.. yeah we just have to talk about alcohol and he can't weigh in.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

Just about an vanilla flavoured booze is exclusively for high school students and beckys. Mojitos do not go with tapas; what you need is a nice fino sherry or amantillado, the drier the better.

Mojitos go great w/ tapas thank you very much, although I prefer the house sangria.
    Any Richmond heads up on Emilio's? The guy won awards in Spain for his Paella.

Mojitos go great w/ tapas thank you very much, although I prefer the house sangria.

Don't think you can avoid the clon for reping the girly rum.

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

BRING IT ON

BRING IT ON

I bet when superposter finally finds this thread he will cosign all of the Jr. High Swill you are repping.