FUCK Bob Jones University!

SouthCrackalackSouthCrackalack 3,853 Posts
edited June 2007 in Strut Central
nothing really new to me,having met or known many openly gay cokehead weirdos that went to BJU..but came across this site from a former BJU student. Lots of crazy shit on here...disgusting to say the least. The school basically runs the city I live in. Thought some of you might wanna read some of the bullshit this school teaches/does/etc. FUCK BOB JONES UNIVERSITY!http://www.nobojo.org/

Comments

• jamesjames chicago 1,863 Posts
    The single most long-gone acid casualty I have ever known was a doughy dude named P who used to haunt the punk shows around Clemson in the late 80s/early 90s (Edgar's, R.I.P.), wearing white painter's pants and white soft-soled boat shoes, smoking voraciously, reaching for things verrrrrrry slooooooowly, and walking walking always walking. I asked my man Andy what the story was, and he just pointed to his head, fluttered all ten fingers outward like escaping birds, and said "Bob Jones," as if that would explain it all. And it kinda did. Whenever I talk to anyone who spent any length of time there, the conversation always takes on a vaguely PTSD cast.

I mean, I'm sure there's lots of religious-college towns that can sing the same kind of tune, but yeah, BJU's cobra clutch on Greenville is some insidious shit, and not something that I would expect to find in a town of that (relative) size. Back when I was a young punk who didn't give a fuck, I spent a fair amount of time in their museum (their collection is surrious), but there came a point where even darkening their doorway felt like some kind of tacit approval, and Rembrandts or no, I can't support that shit, not even a little, not even--in the manner of my generation--ironically.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i read this thread as 'fuck Bob James university'

that is all.

• James, you are totally correct about the art museum at BJU...I know its great..but I just cant walk in that place again. Fuck em.

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    when I was a young punk who didn't give a fuck, I spent a fair amount of time in their museum

punk + museums = only art fag.

• 33thirdcom33thirdcom 2,049 Posts
    i read this thread as 'fuck Bob James university'

that is all.

hahahaha so did I... I thought this was going to be a thread about the-breaks.com posters' love affair with all thing bob james.

when I was a young punk who didn't give a fuck, I spent a fair amount of time in their museum

I'm not sure I understand--is this a clunky attempt at dismissing museum-going punks as "only art fag[s]"?

I have no reason to believe any exchange resulting from this will be worth the effort it demands, but still, I'm curious.

I'm not sure I understand--is this a clunky attempt at dismissing museum-going punks as "only art fag[s]"?

• wow. burn.

dumbass.

Come on Dee Dee, I hear theres a Miro retrospective at the Modern thats just fantassssssstic.

Hahaha

yeah they seem REALLY into it.

Fine, in 2005, 35 years after the fact, Dee Dee sells some scribbles to a gullible French museum to pay the mortgage. It doesn't change the fact that you are a limp wristed art-fag. If you were really a "young punk" you would have been in the basement huffing glue and setting things on fire, not at the museum.

LOL. I just got an email from the Museum of Modern Art, and got scared for a second.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    awesome

P.S.

I have no reason to believe any exchange resulting from this will be worth the effort it demands, but still, I'm curious.

P.S.

Boy, you're right about that.

But I was right about it first.

P.S.

Joke's on you, Jac??: I was at the museum, but I wasn't REALLY into it, so I get to keep my Punk Points. Ha!

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    I attended the Moody Bible Institute from 1996-2000. I graduated with a BA (Print Media). Went to Columbia Chicago from 2000-2002. Got a second BA (Art).

I am now a sworn Agnostic. Tabula Rasa.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    Dear Soulstrut,

Have you been saved? I'm really worried about your soul. Please accept Jesus Christ into your heart and come to know endless love. Do you know God has a plan for you? He wrote your story before you were born and you are destined to follow it. Renounce Satan now, and come walk with Jesus our lord and saviour. He's coming back for us you know, we must ready ourselves because he really wants us on his side. They say there are many paths to God, but there really is only one true way.

Yours in Christ,
    Kirk Cameron

PS. When I die, I know where my soul is going. Do you?