Soil & "PIMP" Sessions vid+tour

MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central

Off the new album PIMPOINT[/b]. They just announced their European tour, are any folks off the Strut going to see them? How are peoples feeling the new album?

Comments

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I dig the new record, not quite as manic as the earlier ones, but still great. They do a nice version of "Red Clay" on there. As far as the tour goes, I was super-bummed that I missed them when they played NYC not long ago, and based on the clips on You-Tube it looks like a great show, I'd love to check it out.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Going to the Amsterdam show on July 6, any strutters going/around there at that time?

• markus71markus71 937 Posts
    I like them a lot!
    Japanese and jazz =

Where is the show in Amsterdam?...I want to come down.

If you like this then you should check out la abel like Especial from Osaka.
    Quality stuff! They do more broken/Nu-jazz stuff as well but their jazz releases definitely rock! Hajime Yoshizawa for instance, great pianoplayer who used to be in Mondo Grosso and Kyoto Jazz Massive.
    Also don't miss out on the band Sleepwalker. They played a great show in Amsterdam almost 2 years ago and I couldn't go. Still crying over that one.
    Go check it out!

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Damnit, they're not coming to Copenhagen. And the CPH Jazz Festival coincides with that Euro tour. The bookers are sleeping, this would have been a great addition to the program.

They're playing at the 5 Days Off festival on the Friday. Don't know whereabouts the club is but it's called Paradiso.

They're playing at the
    5 Days Off festival on the Friday. Don't know whereabouts the club is but it's called Paradiso.

I found out in the meanwhile. Thanks anyway man! Are you going there? Are you from Amsterdam? Be nice to have a beer.

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    wow i need a late pass for these guys. That video was great.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    this is fantastic. did they press any non ep lps? if anyone got em and wanna sell em, holla, please.

this is fantastic. did they press any non ep lps? if anyone got em and wanna sell em, holla, please.
    they've just done eps and they're getting to be rare as shit, unfortunately. copped "summer goddess" for $25 on ebay the other day, then a few days later another copy went for $70.