THE LOT (anyone feeling this?)

TREWTREW 2,037 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
it aiight so far. i'm guessing it'll get more engrossing as the pool of film makers slims down. adrianna costa makes for great eye candy too... thoughts?

Comments

• snosno 332 Posts
    It would be better if they have more credible judges on the show...But then it's the search for the next great hollywood hack, so i guess the combination of a true hack, an actress who hasn't have a great role for 30 years and a roving cast of romantic comedy directors as judges is perfect for it.

That said, I like watching some of the shorts...it must be pretty bad if Bret Ratner calls you out for being "style over substance"...

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Didn't this used to be called Project Greenlight?

I haven't watched past the pilot, it didn't really stand out above the smoke and noise of all the other reality shows. Plus, 1 million dollars? You can't really expect to make a movie for that much, seriously--that's passion and ramen money in Hollywood.

• snosno 332 Posts
    Yeah...the two shows are pretty similar.
    Project Greenlight is about making the movie from scratch and this one plays more like an auditioning/interviewing process in search of the winner for a development deal in Dreamworks.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Project Greenlight is about making the movie from scratch

i'm hoping The Lot will venture into this territory. it's cool seeing the clips but we don't even really 'know' the contestants to care either way if they stay or go.. some behind the scenes footage would go a long way.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Speaking of Project Greenlight, I really enjoyed Feast. Turns out, it a not half bad B horror movie.

• snosno 332 Posts
    i'm hoping The Lot will venture into this territory. it's cool seeing the clips but we don't even really 'know' the contestants to care either way if they stay or go.. some behind the scenes footage would go a long way.

But it's turning out more and more like the cinematic version of American Idol...