Building Microwave Overviews

UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
32 hours and counting, cotdamn!!!!On first glance, much of the bpm info has been pretty close.I decided not to do autogain. Whats the consensus on the auto-bpm/gain stuff?

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    I don't use it and I build overviews everytime I put new music in there. Seems to save time.

• djJazzOnedjJazzOne 302 Posts
    I typically use mp3gain. It adjust the size of the wave forms.

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

Whats the consensus on the auto-bpm/gain stuff?

auto bpm seems hit and miss.. mixmeister has worked pretty well for me. i auto gain everything although i'd like to use some sort of loudness maximizer batch conversion type program. auto gain seems to only beef up the volume whereas some of my mp3s need to be maximixed not only 'turned up'

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    mp3 gain is good but i would just recommend adusting levels manually and when digitizing vinyl, record your shit as hot as possible. as far as overviews taking a long time, you are either building an obscene amount, your hard drive is beyond fragmented, or your processor is slow.

• UnherdUnherd 1,880 Posts
    Yeah, the bpm shit seems pretty accurate what i checked, but havent looked extensively because I only fucked around for a little while last night before I let it get back to building overviews.

Day, your saying you dont use either (bpm or autogain)? do you manually figure out bpm, or do you not even deal with that.

Brian, yes, obscene amount, 15,000 mp3s, sat in the backyard upstate all day sat takin in the sun, organized all my various music collections into one, with orderly genres, folders etc. Started building overviews sunday afternoon, still wasnt done leaving to go back to the city monday at 9. Went overnight when I got home, still not done when I went to work today at 11.

Hatteurs, yes, I have records too.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    15,000?... you might not be done this week

• cardovacardova 743 Posts
    I use auto-BPM but not auto-gain. BPM is pretty accurate, but frequently counts slow rap/r&b-joints in double time and every now and then vice versa.

• sonofsamsonofsam 680 Posts
    I use auto-BPM but not auto-gain. BPM is pretty accurate, but frequently counts slow rap/r&b-joints in double time and every now and then vice versa.

in 1.7.2 you can select a bpm range to avoid this