Prague: Whats hood?

dirtyboydirtyboy 16 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
Goin this weekend. Whats good? Where the record shops at? Where to wyl out with strippers and a diet coke?

Comments

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Goin this weekend. Whats good? Where the record shops at? Where to wyl out with strippers and a diet coke?

strippers and a diet coke?! WTF are you talking about? Strippers with champagne and cognac son!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dirtyboydirtyboy 16 Posts
    Sorry, i meant Coca Cola Zero.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    Most of the REALLY hot Czech stripper girls are working in Germany where they can make a lot more money. I am sure there are still some dope strippers in Prague.

• inVrsinVrs 687 Posts
    The guys that invited me to play down there only knew of one secondhand store, somewhere in the centre on the 1st floor. i doubt its the only one.. anyways, it wasnt really that good. you could get some czech stuff like olmerova for cheap $, but all the other things were really not a steal; plus it was the more obvious kind of things.. to me its seems like someone took all the good sh*t away from those eastern european countries already. on the other hand a friend of mine just recently acquired a 80piece jazz collection with stuff like goykovichs "swinging macedonia" for FREE.
    i guess you have to live there to really find the goods.

oh but you can still find heat girl-wise, man. lovely women down there.

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    For rap records and related stuff, try the bbarak shop. It is one stop in direction hostivar with the tram from the central station (hlavni nadrazi) in an area called zizkov. The 2nd hand spot that invrs mentioned is near narodni trida, just opposite of the big tesco market there (above the kfc). I found some good stuff there when i was living in prague, but the girls who work there will ice grill you anyway, no matter how freindly you are to them. There is one other store with records in a street called opletalova, it is a half records/half books store. You can find some stuff there, it just all depends on who was there before you. Prague is not too good when it comes to diggin, but u can still find heat from time to time.
    Regarding the b*tches, please behave. This city has seen enough of German/American/British fuckers that don't behave and think they are millionaires just cause everything is still cheap. Don't run around on wenzls square chasing the (only) black guys in the city who do nightclub promotion, asking them to "show you where the bitches at". Don't befriend with stag party brits that wear matching soccer shirts while shouting, puking and insulting the locals. Just don't. The city needs a bit more respect.
    Apparently, I heard that the British embassy is charging 80 pounds per hour now when you as a british citizen call them at night not knowing where your hotel is, cause you are too drunk to think. They had too many lads making trouble. One guy last year fell asleep in a taxi, the driver could not wake him up, he drove him to the airport and then kicked him out. the guy managed to get on the runway and planes were delayed. British embassy had to work that out...as said, please treat the city with respect, it is one of the nicest in europe. And yes, the girls are wonderful...

• DrWuDrWu 4,021 Posts
    I would avoid this.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    You want records, get out of the city to pretty much anywhere else. Tons of records in the Czech Republic but I never did too hot in Prague. I have a friend that heads there every year just to dig but always stays clear of Prague. As far as good shit to do, get out of the city centre. Head out to the local spots for the best places in the city. Don't be bothered with tourist hell bars and clubs. Oh and be careful drinking Absinthe. There are all different types and some are bullshit. Get with some local folks to help you figure out what to order or do research before hand.

Oh yeah, the women there truely are next level.

• dirtyboydirtyboy 16 Posts

just printed this out. thanks.

• hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
    Most of the Czechs I've known spoke pretty good English, but then again, they were visiting the US for extended periods of time. Can I get by with English/some German/some Russian if I visit Prague?

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Can I get by with English/some German/some Russian if I visit Prague?

Give it to 'em raw with the Jamaican patois!

I don't know shit about the Czech Republic, but I always wanted to open a restaurant serving their delicacies and call it Czech Please!

(I think I may have said that here before.)