Cruise/Holmes Engaged (droopy face related)

gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
edited June 2005 in Strut Central
Paris, France - The will-he or won't-he guessing is over for Hollywood. Actor Tom Cruise and girlfriend Katie Holmes are getting married.Cruise proposed in romantic style early today at the Eiffel Tower in Paris and Holmes said "yes."He's 42. She's 26 and was sporting a massive diamond engagement ring when the beaming couple met with reporters this morning.Cruise pronounced it a "magnificent day" saying he's engaged to a "magnificent woman."When asked why he picked the Eiffel Tower to propose, Cruise said, "It's Paris. It's a beautiful city. It's very romantic."Their romance budded only recently after he split up with actress Penelope Cruz, and Holmes and actor Chris Klein called off their engagement.

Comments

• Congratulations on their upcoming joyless, sexless marriage watching endless reruns of 'Battlefield Earth, 'Dharma & Greg' and other Hubbard-friendly fare. Tom Cruise gives me the creeps...

• PEKPEK 735 Posts

Cruise proposed in romantic style early today at the Eiffel Tower in Paris and Holmes said "yes."

Cruise es muy loco - but I guess this doesn't reflect too well on Holmes's perception of character either... You can just picture Cruise prancin' up and down on the observation deck @ the Eiffel, screamin' 'Je l'aime!,' bug-eyed and all, scarin' all the other folk there...

"Today is a magnificent day for me, I'm engaged to a magnificent woman," he told reporters on Friday.

He spoke of how happy he was at their relationship, describing it as "magnificent".

- BBC

Was 'magnificent' L. Ron Hubbard's favorite word? Cruise too dumb to use other synonyms such as 'sublime'?

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

good thing its made in the USA too...phew!

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Tom Cruise is a fruit loop indeed and I do believe this marriage will make excellent comedy material for us in the upcoming months.

Mr. Cruise, what do you have to say about all those hating on your engagement to Katie Holmes? Screw y'all. I'm rich, Bitch!!!!!!!!!

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    that's sad. Katie was supposed to be in this movie where she plays Edie Sedgwick, Warhol-Factory-tragic-poster-girl, but Tom Cruise made her reject the role because playing an addict is against Scientology. he is going to ruin her career by heavily influencing her decisions which is too bad because i used to like Katie Holmes and thought she had a lot of promise as an actress.

• Garcia_VegaGarcia_Vega 2,428 Posts
    from the free katie boards
    "Tom---the aliens are coming to save you. So go jump in that big volcano and "rescue your soul." Really. Go do it."

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    from the free katie boards
    "Tom---the aliens are coming to save you. So go jump in that big volcano and "rescue your soul." Really. Go do it."
    yup, with the gasoline draws on.