What Racism Looks Like Here

LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I was saying in the thread about an out of control small town prosecutor in LA that racism looks different where I live. Here is a story from todays paper.Police say Mulino beating 'hate-filled' Crime - A suspected instigator is arrested after a mob of white teens attacked two Latino men in a park Sunday, May 27, 2007RYAN KOST and MICHELLE ROBERTS A mob of 20 to 30 white teenagers beat and threw stones at two Latino men in an unprovoked attack at a park south of Oregon City late Thursday, police said. Edwin Gonzales, 27, and Alex Guzman, 26, both workers at a Molalla lumber mill, were drinking beer at Wagon Wheel Park in Mulino when they were attacked in what a police spokesman called "one of the most hate-filled crimes" in recent memory. According to police, more than two dozen white teenagers kicked, beat and pummeled the Salem men with large rocks while chanting, "Go back to Mexico." These poor souls were terrified," said Detective Jim Strovink, spokesman for the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office. "They were minding their own business, and they were attacked with absolutely no provocation." Austin Wright Greenwood, 18, of Oregon City was identified by the victims as the ringleader. He was charged with multiple counts of assault and criminal mischief and lodged at the Clackamas County Jail, where he remained late Saturday. Police said they are searching for other known suspects. The incident occurred just before 11 p.m. Thursday when Gonzales and Guzman struck up a conversation with a couple of girls who were partying at the park with a large group of male teens. At one point, the men left the park to buy more beer, and the girls rode along. When they got back to the park, at least two dozen male teens jumped Gonzales and Guzman. Gonzales told police Greenwood hit him on the back with a large rock and encouraged others to do the same. Gonzales told The Oregonian that he and Guzman got back in Gonzales' 1998 Honda and tried to flee, but the car stalled while the crowd lobbed grapefruit-sized rocks at them, smashing out the car's windows and causing more than $1,000 in damage. Police arrived to find teenagers scattering. "It happened so fast and quick," Gonzales said Saturday at his Salem home. Gonzales didn't want to talk at length about the incident. Clackamas County sheriff's deputies arrested Greenwood at the scene. They said Greenwood told them, "The only thing I did was wrestle with some fat Mexican." [/b]After his arrest, Greenwood hurled profanities, spat on the patrol-car window and urinated in the back seat as he was driven to jail, police said. Strovink said the park is a "popular place to congregate" and has been the scene of disturbances in the past. "Kids will go down there drinking, as they do in other similar isolated places," he said. "It's always been a place where things will flare up periodically." On Saturday, Gonzales showed a reporter a 7-inch bruise on his back between his shoulder blades. He was treated at Salem Hospital and released and missed work Friday because of his injuries. Guzman was not taken to a hospital. Gonzales, who appeared nervous, said he didn't believe the incident was racially motivated. However, police reports tell another story. "This is one of the most hate-filled crimes I can remember in Oregon," Strovink said. The teens "were screaming at them to go back to Mexico. The facts speak for themselves." Guzman declined to be interviewed for this story. Greenwood's mother said she was told one of the two men made disparaging remarks. "Austin just went off," said his mother, Jean, who has a different last name and asked that it not be used for fear of reprisals. Greenwood has a full-time job and his own apartment but has had some troubles growing up, his mother said. She said she had never heard him make racist comments, however. Any witnesses with information are urged to call the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office confidential tip line at 503-723-4949. Michelle Roberts; [email]michelleroberts@news.[/email] oregonian.com source

Comments

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts
    Even worse is the fact that for the victims this puts them at risk for deportation if their immigration status is at all questionable. The fucktard kids who did this might actually get what they wanted.

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Even worse is the fact that for the victims this puts them at risk for deportation if their immigration status is at all questionable. The fucktard kids who did this might actually get what they wanted.

The newspaper descripes one victim as nervous and not wanting to talk.

Todays letter to the editor were filled with letters starting with millions crossing our boarders illegaly and ending with terrorist illegal aliens wanting to kill us all.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts

They said Greenwood told them, "The only thing I did was wrestle with some fat Mexican." [/b]

Damn, I hope Jinx is okay! I mean he DOES have a bad back and all.

But seriously, FUCK THOSE PUNK BITCH ASS MOTHERFUCKERS. I could comment on the state of racial affairs and immigration laws but really FUCK THOSE PUNK BITCH ASS MOTHERFUCKERS captures my emotions perfectly.

Herm

• Special_EdSpecial_Ed 315 Posts

After his arrest, Greenwood hurled profanities, spat on the patrol-car window and urinated in the back seat as he was driven to jail, police said.

How can this kid do this and not catch an ass whipping by the cops?