DJs, whatcha spinnin' tonight?

The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I get to play nothin' but rock! Im excited...got some Thin Lizzy, Sweet, Motorhead, some raer Maiden(Women in Uniform) lined up of course, also gonna throw some raers in there like Trouble, Messendger, Highway Robbery, Poobah, Tractor...loud guitars y'all! yeee-uhh!

Comments

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    I played from 10-3AM last night.
    Set included Lee Dorsey, Nina Simone, Main Source, Fania All Stars, Gal Costa, Undisputed Truth, Chocolate Milk, Bebeto, Direct Current, Hector Lavoe, Younger Generation, Dennis Brown, Barrington Levy, U Brown, Horace Andy, Manu Chao, Raffaella, Seu Jorge, Rufus Thomas, Beth Carvalho, Lone Ranger, Jean Knight, Staple Singers, Charles Wright, Don Blackman, Zapp Band, DJ Krush, Hank Ballard, Candido and a few more.

• grandpa_shiggrandpa_shig 5,799 Posts
    OLDIES!!![/b]

• DJ_NevilleCDJ_NevilleC 1,922 Posts
    OLDIES!!![/b]

Oh yeah! Here's a pic:

• phatmoneysackphatmoneysack Melbourne 1,124 Posts
    Did a mate's brother's 21st last night...played Chakakas, Curtis Mayfield, Tom Tom Club, The Clash, Kenny Dope, Red Astaire, Run DMC, INXS, Madonna, Aha, Daft Punk, Kool & The Gang etc. and some 90s becky rap.

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts
    Did a mate's brother's 21st last night...played Chakakas, Curtis Mayfield, Tom Tom Club, The Clash, Kenny Dope, Red Astaire, Run DMC, INXS, Madonna, Aha, Daft Punk, Kool & The Gang etc. and some 90s becky rap.
    You need to come to my town.

why is that?

• Mike_BellMike_Bell 5,736 Posts

why is that?
    Cuz you play that real schitt.

Thank you sir.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I had drunk college kids grinding to this:

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I had drunk college kids grinding to this:

What a great first post.

I love that song.

• DongerDonger 854 Posts
    I played at an ultra trendy NYC night spot last night.

The owner comes up to me at the beginning of the night and specifically asks me not to play top 40 music.

Thank goodness for Microwave, I had a great time playing Cuban stuff, Brazilian stuff, dub & reggae, soul, some funk, some disco, and went into some nice roller boogie and some 80s during prime time cuz I could feel the crowd wanted to know the words to some of the songs...

• CousinLarryCousinLarry 4,618 Posts
    I played at an ultra trendy NYC night spot last night.

The owner comes up to me at the beginning of the night and specifically asks me not to play top 40 music.

Thank goodness for Microwave, I had a great time playing Cuban stuff, Brazilian stuff, dub & reggae, soul, some funk, some disco, and went into some nice roller boogie and some 80s during prime time cuz I could feel the crowd wanted to know the words to some of the songs...

I have a gig like this next weekend. I don't have microwave, but it is fun loading up a bunch of records I never get to play out. I am really looking forward to it.

• The_Hook_UpThe_Hook_Up 8,182 Posts
    so howd your Saturday go?...I have to say I had one of the most satisfying nights DJing I have ever had...every member of every band that played came up at least once to say they were loving what I was playing, and back at the house Tim Green of the Fucking Champs (I put them up) told me that I played damn near every one of his favorite songs that night and when they wanted to start their show, the drummer said "No, we have to wait until this song is over...it rules"

• JoeMojoJoeMojo 720 Posts
    so howd your Saturday go?...

I played deep house & disco on a beach in Kauai... lots of Osunlade, MAW Fela remixes, Far Out Recordings, that kind of stuff. It went over really well.

Pretty much here, but darker:

• Mr. CasualMr. Casual 953 Posts
    I am djing tonight .. I will probably play the entire Remix thread... then hit up some ratatat, NWA, Tupac, Kool & the Gang, Tommy Stewart, Ed Banger shit, old school, dirty south,... etc... if you are in LA come through Bar Lubitsch 7702 Santa Monica just east of Fairfax ..

HOLLA