Ebay + Italy + Paypal Help

MoSSMoSS 458 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
So I have a buyer in Italy who's trying to get over on meHe purchased 7 lp's from me.I sent them, he e-mails me a few weeks later saying "I never got parcel my friend, please let me know what we do!"I responded back and told him because of the weight, I had to get a tracking and insurance # for the parcel, and showed him proof via jpg/picture of paperworkthe next day (amazing how this works isn't it) he said "I got parcel! Thank!"4 days later he e-mails me and says "I not have 2 of the record, please let me know what you do"He then proceeds to tell me that the 2 lp's he never got, happen to be the 2 most expensiveI then ask him if customs opened the box, and he said "not italy fault, you not give me these lp"Now I am 1000000000000000000% sure I sent those 2 lp's to him because I doubled checked before I sealed the box. I only sent 7 lp's, it's not like I sent 40 or something. I also find it funny that he didn't notice these were missing for 4 days, and on top he tried to tell me the package was missing until I showed him it was delivered. lol. I have all these conversations via Ebay.his feedback is private btw, and he's not a verified addyHere's the deal, I couldn't care less about negative feedback. I'm not going to "pay" some jerk in Italy off to give me positive feedback. I know for a FACT I sent these lp's to him, and I have NO DOUBT either customs took them (which I also doubt, but hell...who knows), or he's just trying to get over on meWhat can paypal do to me. If he tries to make a claim and wins, would they refund his ENTIRE purchase, or only the 2 lp's he claims are missing? I have an e-mail IN EBAY with him admitting he GOT the parcel. I have proof from the post office HE GOT IT also, and on the form it says the package contains 7 lp's. I just don't want to loose all the $$.thanks in advance

Comments

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    nah, you should be a-ight

i advise EVERYBODY from US to get some kind of tracking / confirmation when shipping outside of US. especially italy and france... seems there are a lot of scam artists over there who pull the old paypal chargeback routine (i'm sure this has all been covered here on SS many times). a few dudes tried it with me too, but i had my paperwork so they really couldn't do shit. BEWARE

• ZachDZachD 318 Posts

i advise EVERYBODY from US to get some kind of tracking / confirmation when shipping outside of US. especially italy and france... seems there are a lot of scam artists over there who pull the old paypal chargeback routine (i'm sure this has all been covered here on SS many times). a few dudes tried it with me too, but i had my paperwork so they really couldn't do shit. BEWARE

Can you detail some of the precautionary steps you take?
    I'm interested and it would probably help a lot of lurkers also.

• meatyogremeatyogre 2,080 Posts

Ive been screwed over even when I had the paperwork. The best thing to do if you suspect some shady business... is demand a money order for suspect looking dudes with private feedback.

• nah, you should be a-ight

i wonder why it seems to be mainly people from france and italy?
    the only explanation i can think of is some sort of hatred for americans