HELP (buffer/latency related)

dayday 9,611 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
I'm finishing a mix that is do ASAP and everytime I go to record it into SoundForge it jumps in certain spots. I've adjusted the latency setting on my soundcard and rebooted a shit load of times and still no luck. I need some help and fast.

Comments

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    no one?

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    an idea:have you tried disabling your antivirus software?

( )

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Are you on a mac or PC?

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Are you on a mac or PC?

PC. Not sure why it does this sometimes and not others. It's been going on for a while now but I have something important due and it's fucking me up.

Anyone know if there's a setting I can adjust in Soundforge?

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    ill be back at the crib in like 30 minutes but i think under preferences or options theres an audio option. you can select which card and drivers you want to use from there. soundforge would 'forget' which driver i was using sometims and would get the problem you have

• PABLOPABLO 1,921 Posts
    Possible the PCI card/usb/firewire is loose?
    Happended to me.

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    In soundforge go to options/preferences/audio tab and you'll find the driver prefrences, if your card has a control panel ie. an maudio card then you can adjust the record latency to a higher setting...Also try reducing the bit/ sample rate of your recording if possible

lastly your hardrive might be badly fragmented and can't write the data properly, or you have too many other apps open using hardrive resources, ie bit torrent or p2p apps.

goodluck

• dayday 9,611 Posts
    Thanks everybody, I think I got it worked out.