Kenneth Eng Arrested!

hogginthefogghogginthefogg 6,098 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/05/23/BAGDFQ05N86.DTL'Hate' columnist Eng arrested in N.Y. for alleged harassment[/b]Leslie Fulbright, Chronicle Staff WriterWednesday, May 23, 2007(05-23) 12:44 PDT NEW YORK CITY -- Kenneth Eng, the author of a controversial AsianWeek column that described reasons to "hate" black people, is being held in a New York jail without bail on assault and harassment charges.Eng, 23, was arrested on suspicion of threatening to kill his Queens neighbors and one of their pets.[/b] He was arraigned May 11 on charges of attempted assault, menacing, possession of a weapon and harassment.Eng allegedly approached the mother and daughter as they stood in their driveway with their pet and said, "If your dog bites me, I will kill you and your family." He then called the mother fat and lazy and swung a hammer at her and the dog,[/b] according to the Queens district attorney's office.Eng used to be a regular contributor to San Francisco-based AsianWeek, writing from New York. He was fired in February after public outcry over his racist and discriminatory columns. In his writings, Eng called himself an "Asian supremacist" and listed reasons to hate black people as well as Asians and whites.Eng's attorney has asked that he undergo a mental examination. He is scheduled to return to court in Queens on June 13.

Comments

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    Eng's attorney has asked that he undergo a mental examination. He is scheduled to return to court in Queens on June 13.

Escape hatch. It won't be much of a challenge to paint dude as mentally unfit to stand trial.

• deejdeej 5,125 Posts
    a fitting conclusion to this saga

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts
    Eng's attorney has asked that he undergo a mental examination. He is scheduled to return to court in Queens on June 13.

Escape hatch. It won't be much of a challenge to paint dude as mentally unfit to stand trial.

What's the standard for that? I thought "unfit" in this context would mean some who is clearly divorced from reality vs someone who has their intellectual faculties but harbors some serious rage issues.

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

What's the standard for that? I thought "unfit" in this context would mean some who is clearly divorced from reality vs someone who has their intellectual faculties but harbors some serious rage issues.

I don't think it will be hard to paint Eng as "clearly divorced from reality".

• mannybolonemannybolone Los Angeles, CA 15,025 Posts

What are you implying? Haven't we all declared ourselves gods of the universe once in a while? Or depicted dragons rocking gunz?

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
    I'm waiting for my ninja Dennagon to make an appearance. I remain reticent.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

What are you implying? Haven't we all declared ourselves gods of the universe once in a while? Or depicted dragons rocking gunz?

Well, yes. But dragons rocking swords AND gunz? It's madness--madness, I tell you!

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    harbors some serious rage issues.

To quote you from the original Eng thread, "He so Eng-ry!"

Every time I think of him, that quote comes to mind, and I chuckle to myself. I don't know what's sadder - that I occasionally think about Kenneth Eng, or that I laugh to myself about something I read on a message board weeks before.

• DennagonDennagon 8 Posts
    I'm waiting for my ninja Dennagon to make an appearance. I remain reticent.

Who would dare to speak my name?

Make yourself known, worm!

• ZEN2ZEN2 1,540 Posts

• Young_PhonicsYoung_Phonics 8,039 Posts
    [that I laugh to myself about something I read on a message board weeks before.

/

story of my life

Friend "hey what's funny"
    Me: "Ahhh man, dude so like yesterday there was this whole thread with these graemlins and this dude from chicago named James came in a and killed with all...."
    friend "zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    I wonder how he's living in jail with all those different races.

• rootlesscosmorootlesscosmo 12,848 Posts

nah man jail is one of the last vestiges of state-sanctioned segregation. he'll love it.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    he will be the jail's plushie.

nah man jail is one of the last vestiges of state-sanctioned segregation. he'll love it.

Oh word. Never been to jail.

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    What are you guys talking about? Right now Eng is forming his own prison gang, only dragons and him need apply!

I wonder how much advertising revenue he could have generated from his site. I'm pretty sure Magic Card playas would have flocked to his site.

• spelunkspelunk 3,400 Posts

This needs to go in the graemlins thread. Immediately.