ebay: is 12 days too long to wait for a buyer?

SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
edited May 2007 in Strut Central
this one guy gave me a negative because he stated he waited almost 2 weeks for his item to arrive and that my communication was bad. well--despite the fact that i'm not in front of a computer all the time, i try to get to m e-mail once a day. sometimes my gmail backs things up and lists things in seperate folders. and i did correspond with him. he sent five e-mails--i sent three. this is my first negative in over a year. the buyer is also a newbie to ebay(rating of 15), so--he might be buying from stores that send stuff out every day. i get to the po maybe twice a week. is 12 days too much to wait? do you give negatives on items received in less than 2 weeks. i don't think so. i think guy is being too anal--plus he never sent anything that said, "i need this by..."

Comments

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    2 weeks from payment to the postman ringing is called eBay working properly. I used to give positive feedback in advance until too many of these little dudes started jerkin' me around. POOKEYBLOWBACK.

• yoigotbeatsyoigotbeats 1,667 Posts
    the questions:

how long did he have to wait from when it paid for it? if it took you more than 3 days to mail the record, it's just laziness on your part.

what type of shipping did he pay for? If he paid for media/surface it may not be your fault.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    he paid regular post for a shirt that was 3 bucks to ship. i waited a few days to send it out because i make it to the post office twice a week. i am not a business and i do not go to the po every day. i think that's fair. it was a t-shirt.
    i sent him tracking info but i was one digit off, and that set him off. i told him i was sorry and honest mistake. i resent the correct tracking info. according to my tracking info he got it and then i heard nothing else about it for a while--he also posted the negative exactly one year since my last negative. the negative had just cleared from my ebay history and then less than a day later i got that. really uncool and i think he did that on purpose.

sounds like the dude is just a fucking dick.

• jleejlee 1,539 Posts
    i am not a business and i do not go to the po every day.

^^^
    to me, this is the likely issue dude got heated. for those who use ebay as their business/extension of their business, sending stuff out daily or a few times a week is normal. so many buyers seem to expect that now.

if you are just the guy on ebay looking to make a casual sale for a record/product, you owe it to yourself to explain your delivery schedule prior to having people bid on your schitt.

so while i don't think the actual waiting of 12 days warrants neg feedback, if you didn't outline/explain when dude would be getting the schitt he paid for, that may warrant the feedback.

i am not a business and i do not go to the po every day.

^^^
    to me, this is the likely issue dude got heated. for those who use ebay as their business/extension of their business, sending stuff out daily or a few times a week is normal. so many buyers seem to expect that now.

if you are just the guy on ebay looking to make a casual sale for a record/product, you owe it to yourself to explain your delivery schedule prior to having people bid on your schitt.

so while i don't think the actual waiting of 12 days warrants neg feedback, if you didn't outline/explain when dude would be getting the schitt he paid for, that may warrant the feedback.

but if dude communicates with you, you might not be prone to leaving someone negative feedback because you got the thing you paid for unless you're a fucking dick.

sellers with low feedback shouldn't be held to the same level of being on point as OGs

• kicks79kicks79 1,334 Posts
    Damn man try sending stuff to australia every seller would get negative feedback by me if taking two weeks was the only reason.